2012 Curriculum Order - Free Manuals

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
amoncur

2012 Curriculum Order - Free Manuals

Post by amoncur »

This is my first year ordering curriculum manuals. My bishop is under the impression that EQ and RS manuals are provided for free by the church, but the 2012 order form does not list them as free items (it does list other items as being free, but not the EQ and RS manuals, which is what my bishop thinks are free). Does anyone know if the church provides the EQ/RS manuals for free when the next year's curriculum order is placed?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

amoncur wrote:My bishop is under the impression that EQ and RS manuals are provided for free by the church

Your bishop is incorrect. Your ward has to pay for the manuals. What has happened sometimes in the past is that half of the cost is pushed to a transaction in the following year for manuals that are to be used over a two-year period. I don't believe I've seen any communication on whether that will occur this year (or even if the new manual is for two years...).
amoncur

Post by amoncur »

Great, thanks so much for the info!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mfmohlma wrote:What has happened sometimes in the past is that half of the cost is pushed to a transaction in the following year for manuals that are to be used over a two-year period. I don't believe I've seen any communication on whether that will occur this year (or even if the new manual is for two years...).

The Teachings of Presidents of the Church: George Albert Smith manual only has 24 chapters, so we will be able to finish it in 2012 -- no need to split it across two years.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

You're welcome. One thing that I pushed with the priesthood and Relief Society leaders was the new focus in the order materials to determine if members actually needed a physical copy of the manuals. With the LDS Tools apps for smartphones and iPads, many members may simply choose to access manuals electronically. I think I saved a few dollars (and part of a tree...)

Return to “General Discussions”