Ward Calendar disappeared, need help! Who can fix this?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jrobertfisher

Ward Calendar disappeared, need help! Who can fix this?

Post by jrobertfisher »

I was looking over the new 2.0 settings. It appeared that I could give the entire Stake visibility of our Ward calendar in the Settings / Calendar options. So, I changed "this calendar is for" from Ward to the Stake. Now our calendar has disappeared... Not what I was hoping for. How do I get it back?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jrobertfisher wrote:I was looking over the new 2.0 settings. It appeared that I could give the entire Stake visibility of our Ward calendar in the Settings / Calendar options. So, I changed "this calendar is for" from Ward to the Stake. Now our calendar has disappeared... Not what I was hoping for. How do I get it back?
Talk to a stake calendar administrator. They can change it back. At least I think they can. I am a stake administrator and have no ward calling, but I can create calendars for the stake or for my own ward. It may be that you will need to find a stake administrator who is actually a member of your ward in order to change it back.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jrobertfisher wrote:I was looking over the new 2.0 settings. It appeared that I could give the entire Stake visibility of our Ward calendar in the Settings / Calendar options. So, I changed "this calendar is for" from Ward to the Stake. Now our calendar has disappeared... Not what I was hoping for. How do I get it back?
When you select "[your stake name] Stake" in "This calendar is for:" you are submitting that calendar for approval. It will not be available until a stake administrator approves it. Once it is approved you can, as the calendar creator/editor, go back into that calendar and change the "This calendar is for:" back to "[your ward name] Ward" and it will be as it was before. But until a stake administrator takes action that calendar is unavailable.

Note that if a stake administrator deletes the calendar, you as the creator/editor can restore the calendar if you do so within the next 30 days. After that the calendar is lost. Also note that while a calendar is in the 30 day delete status no new calendar with the same name can be created.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”