All-day events off by a day on sync

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dgoehring

All-day events off by a day on sync

Post by dgoehring »

I am still having this issue with all of the sync calendars. The "all day" events are on the wrong day and the timed events are the off by one hour. I am in Central time zone and they seem to be in Mountain time zone.

[Moderator Note: I moved this topic from the original thread Calendar 2.0 time zones change when exporting to Google Calendar because the issue of all-day events being on the wrong day is still happening after the reported time-zone bug fix. So the reference to "this issue" concerns times and dates being off when syncing to another calendar system.]
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

dgoehring wrote:I am still having this issue with all of the sync calendars. The "all day" events are on the wrong day and the timed events are the off by one hour. I am in Central time zone and they seem to be in Mountain time zone.
What are you syncing to? If you are syncing to Google Calendar, look to see what timezone the events are in, then you will know for sure.

Aaron Z
cbweatherman

Same issue with all-day events

Post by cbweatherman »

I also have the issue with all-day events appearing on the previous day. I currently have a branch conference in my stake scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday). Google Calendar, even though the timed events are correct on my calendar, still shows
(GMT+00:00) GMT (no daylight saving)
under Calendar time zone. I am in CDT (Alabama).
tsteenblik

Two day events

Post by tsteenblik »

I have a stake conference on our stake calendar. The single item in LDS.org starts Oct 29 and ends Oct 30. It shows as two days on LDS.org. When I view it in google calendar it only shows on the 29th.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Time zone bug was fixed yesterday.
dgoehring

Calendar date issues

Post by dgoehring »

My stake calendar has a number of events that are entered without times. In the calendar they look correct but when sync to outlook or google or iPad they all show one day earlier. For example thanksgiving shows up as Wednesday.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dgoehring wrote:My stake calendar has a number of events that are entered without times. In the calendar they look correct but when sync to outlook or google or iPad they all show one day earlier. For example thanksgiving shows up as Wednesday.
It is not possible to enter an event without times in the new calendar. All-day events will appear on the calendar as if they have no start or end times but they do have start and end times. For an all-day event such as used for holidays the time is from 12:00 am until 11:59 pm.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
elvidgeps

All day events are still effected

Post by elvidgeps »

I am in GMT0 - London.
Had the same problem with Google import/sync for all events. Before the fix I had tried resetting the sync address, checking time zone settings.
Yesterday all 'time specific' events were fixed but all 'all day' events appear on the previous day. So this does still need fixing.

P.S. Very impressed with the improvements in V2.
dgoehring

Post by dgoehring »

I am seeing the same issue with all day events. When I sync them to outlook or Mac they show up one day earlier. If I create a start and end time, the sync properly. I, too, really like the new features but this is a big problem since so many are syncing their calendars.
nathan.g

Post by nathan.g »

Same with me. When I create an all day event, comes up a day earlier in my synced iCal.

Love the new features as well in v2. Great job everyone

Return to “Calendar”