Recurring Event Conflicts difficult to determine

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
gcollett

Recurring Event Conflicts difficult to determine

Post by gcollett »

I haven't seen this mentioned so I'd like to see if this could be addressed.

I have been putting in reservations for the year. When I put in a recurring reservation, such as Central Ward has Kitchen every 4th Wednesday 7-9, I'll get a message that it cannot be scheduled because West Park Ward has the kitchen Wednesday, 7-9.

But it does not give the date, that is, which of the twelve 4th Wednesdays West Park has the kitchen.

Instead of being able to edit the recurring interval right then, I have to go into the calendar, find which Wednesday is already taken, then go back into the reservations and re-enter the recurring event, skipping that Wednesday.

It would be much more efficient for the conflict to show the date of the conflict instead of just the time.

(Just hoping the right people see this!)
Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I saw that too, but didn't take careful notes for reporting.

However, I'd suggest that when setting a reservation, a event, even a nonconforming event shouldn't be considered a conflict. It's nice to know about them, but it shouldn't be a "deal killer". This prevents us from changing or amending "policy" during the year.

Conflicting reservations would be a different story.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Thanks for this info. We'll try to fix this quickly so other events won't block the creation of a reservation.

The issue of not showing the date should also be fixed quickly.
curtistexas

Post by curtistexas »

Please advise - has this been fixed yet?

I can't find the conflicting reservation based on the limited description. Would love to have this fixed!

Thanks
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

curtistexas wrote:Please advise - has this been fixed yet?

At this point, the date still does not appear on the display of conflicting events. This fix was not included in the Calendar 2.0.1 Release (Bug Fixes). Hopefully it will be in the next bug fix release.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

You now should be able to create reservations, regardless of any conflicts with scheduled events. The fix to add the date to the conflict message is on the short list, so will likely make it into the next bug fix release.

Return to “Calendar”