Calendar events titles

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
Bygibbs

Calendar events titles

Post by Bygibbs »

Data relating to recurring event titles disappeared with the new version of new calendar.
Will they migrate to ward calendar when stake administer enters location time zones, or must I re enter all data for November and December?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bygibbs wrote:Data relating to recurring event titles disappeared with the new version of new calendar.
Will they migrate to ward calendar when stake administer enters location time zones, or must I re enter all data for November and December?
Are you talking about events or reservations? I haven't heard any cases where event titles disappeared. But reservation titles changed to just be the unit number. This is described in v2 build 2353 Reservations block event names did not migrate over. If you read that thread, you'll see that this problem will eventually be corrected for you.

In any case, this issue has nothing to do with the entry of time zones for locations.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

Not sure if my issue is related or not; in v1 title of event was adjusted on repeating event, after v2 was activated the original title was restored. Example, with rotating building cleaning assignments the names of families in charge of cleaning were put in the title. The families changed each week. Can this still be done, or should each week be a separate non-repeating event? Having the names in the title enabled ward members to see them without clicking on event details.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jhowell2000 wrote:Not sure if my issue is related or not; in v1 title of event was adjusted on repeating event, after v2 was activated the original title was restored. Example, with rotating building cleaning assignments the names of families in charge of cleaning were put in the title. The families changed each week. Can this still be done, or should each week be a separate non-repeating event? Having the names in the title enabled ward members to see them without clicking on event details.
I doubt that your issue is related to the original post of the thread.

It sounds like you were impacted by a limitation on the migration procedure, and your edited titles were not properly moved from v1 to v2.

But going forward, what you have been doing is still a supported (and useful) feature. I don't see any reason why you should discontinue that practice. It's unfortunate that you lost that information in the migration, but that was a one-time event (or at least I don't think it will happen again any time soon).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Wayde

Post by Wayde »

It happened to me too. Building cleaning, Sunday Priesthood/RS lessons and weekly Mutual events. What a mess. But aebrown said, "It's unfortunate that you lost that information in the migration, but that was a one-time event (or at least I don't think it will happen again any time soon)." So this won't happen if a ver3.0 is released?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Wayde wrote:It happened to me too. Building cleaning, Sunday Priesthood/RS lessons and weekly Mutual events. What a mess.
It appears the event titles that were changed as exceptions to recurring events did not migrate properly. At this point, those are the only event titles I've heard of that didn't migrate. For some units, that will not even be an issue, but other units changed event titles on recurring events frequently, so it will be a bigger problem.
Wayde wrote:But aebrown said, "It's unfortunate that you lost that information in the migration, but that was a one-time event (or at least I don't think it will happen again any time soon)." So this won't happen if a ver3.0 is released?
No one knows if a v3 is even contemplated (the development team probably knows, but it's not public knowedge), or if it will require a data migration, or if that data migration will have problems. I was simply opining that we would not have to go through a data migration like this any time soon.
Wayde

Post by Wayde »

aebrown wrote:I was simply opining that we would not have to go through a data migration like this any time soon.
Amen to that! (oops! does that violate the rules? ;-) )
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Wayde wrote:Amen to that! (oops! does that violate the rules? ;-) )

No, expressions of Amen are generally permissible. I think our church allows you to say Amen -- I've said it myself, once or twice. ;)

Return to “Calendar”