Cannot Set Up Location Rights for Wards

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Cannot Set Up Location Rights for Wards

Post by lajackson »

Going to Settings > Locations & Rooms, I get a list of locations (meetinghouses and offices) in our stake.

I can only specify Location Rights for the first building in the list.

When I select the 2nd or 3rd building and click on Add unit to location, the pop up search window appears, but when I type into the search screen, no units appear to select. (This function works normally when the first building on the list is selected.)

Since no location is attached to one of our buildings, no one can schedule that building. The stake is set by default at the other two buildings, so I assume that any ward in the stake can schedule those buildings. (Or maybe only the stake schedulers can, and not the ward schedulers?)
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I noticed that tool is a bit iffy. I'd suggest exiting that screen and going back in.

I assume "stake" is just for Stake events, not all units in the stake. That's how most of our locations came setup.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

RussellHltn wrote:I noticed that tool is a bit iffy. I'd suggest exiting that screen and going back in.

I tried that several times, including logging all the way out and closing my browser (FF). The problem is consistent. I can add units to the first location, but there are no units displayed in the search box when either of the next two units are selected.

Update: I can now get the 2nd location updated. But the 3rd location does not even list the stake itself. And I cannot add the stake or any of the units in that building.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Ok. I found the answer in post #9 of this thread .

The workaround is to refresh the page (totally reload it with the browser refresh/reload button) after updating each unit. When I did that, I could march down the various locations and add the proper units for each one of them.

That should explain Russell's "iffy", too.

Return to “Calendar”