Registered Users

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
wrigjef

Registered Users

Post by wrigjef »

I’m a ward website administrator (among other things). On the classic website, under administrator options, I had the ability to check and see who had set up an account. Is there a way to check and see who has set up an lds account for the new website?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

wrigjef wrote:I’m a ward website administrator (among other things). On the classic website, under administrator options, I had the ability to check and see who had set up an account. Is there a way to check and see who has set up an lds account for the new website?
No. There is no separate registration procedure for the new site; every member of your ward who has an LDS Account has access.

I imagine that CHQ feels that exactly who has an LDS Account is not something that ward leaders and administrators have a right to know.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

One trick that works (at least partially) for the time being - go to the classic site, then navigate to Administrator options > Registered Users. When the list appears, you will see everyone who had created accounts under the old credentialing system (at the least, I do not know if this list shows those who never had an account on the old system but instead only ever had an lds account). In the username column, those that are blank have transitioned their account to an LDS account. Those that still show usernames never transitioned their old account to an LDS account. I don't know if this means they just created an lds account independent of their old account, however.

I'm confident this does not give a 100% accurate picture of everyone with an LDS account, but it's insightful. At least you know for (hopefully) a large number of your ward, which should help you focus your efforts.
wrigjef

Post by wrigjef »

aebrown wrote:I imagine that CHQ feels that exactly who has an LDS Account is not something that ward leaders and administrators have a right to know.
This became an issue in another calling when the stake called an auditor who had trouble doing the online training because no lds account had been set up (never did get him access to LUFAS, his audits had to be done on paper). It became more of an issue when he had problems setting one up (tip don't try to set up an lds account using the same email address as a spouse that already has one). Needless to say I'm encouraging everyone with a member number and seperate email address to set up an account. It would be nice if there were a place where I could see how successfull I am.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

wrigjef wrote:(tip don't try to set up an lds account using the same email address as a spouse that already has one).
Which is why a dozen senior couples in our area will not set up lds accounts. They share an e-mail address and intend to do so untll the day they die. Just like the family checkbook.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:Which is why a dozen senior couples in our area will not set up lds accounts. They share an e-mail address and intend to do so untll the day they die. Just like the family checkbook.
If they happen to use gmail they can get around that. If your email is somebody@gmail.com you can use any address of the form somebody+something@gmail.com and it will all still be delivered to the somebody account.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

eblood66 wrote:If they happen to use gmail they can get around that. If your email is somebody@gmail.com you can use any address of the form somebody+something@gmail.com and it will all still be delivered to the somebody account.
thanks for that tip, BTW.

As a ward website admin, I have often wished for at least a small judge of our site visitors (like a page count) or the adoption of the new tools (like a list of those registered) by the ward.
marmat

Post by marmat »

Would certainly be nice. Have been asked by leadership in the past how many members of stake are using, but can't give an answer.
geekiemommie

Post by geekiemommie »

This would be an awesome feature to have! It sure would help me in my calling!

Are there any future plans for this?

Thanks!
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

brendalisa wrote:This would be an awesome feature to have! It sure would help me in my calling!
Are there any future plans for this?
I have not heard any mention of this being considered. Once the classic website is taken down, I'm not sure there is anyway at all to tell who has an account and who does not.

Return to “Main Church Website”