Lost "options" link

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
zaneclark

Lost "options" link

Post by zaneclark »

I guess I am blind, but many of the instructions say to go to "options" and then whatever task I am trying to perform, but I cannot find an "Options" link anywhere on the calendar site... Where is it?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:I guess I am blind, but many of the instructions say to go to "options" and then whatever task I am trying to perform, but I cannot find an "Options" link anywhere on the calendar site... Where is it?
What used to be "Options" under v1 is now called "Settings" under v2.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

aebrown wrote:What used to be "Options" under v1 is now called "Settings" under v2.
Thank you for your fast response.... I suspected that "settings" was the new "options" but the option I need isn't there. I need to approve a calendar and the instructions say to go to options>manage calendars. This option isn't there..... Where is it now hiding?
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Where are you looking? This post has links to help files for the v2 calendar. The Editor's Guide states Settings > Calendars is the way to go.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

There are three "Settings" in the menu column. The first is a button at the top. The second is a hyperlink below the "Subscribed Calendars" liskbox. The third is a hyperlink below the "Available Locations" listbox. When the button is clicked there is a dropdown of the settings tabs. Click "Calendars" and you will be taken to the Settings:Calendar tab. That is where you manage the calendars.

You can get there from the other two "settings" hyperlinks. The "settings" link below the "Subscribed Calendars" listbox will take you to the Settings:Subscriptions tab. Once there just click the Calendars tab to manage the calendars. The "settings" link below the "Available Locations" listbox will take you to the Settings:Calendars tab.

This is what I get as a ward default approver. YMMV with the other rights such as stake default approver or building scheduler.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

Thanks to all of you for the help in finding the lost links. The problem seems to be that the directions I found still apply to the first version, such as options instead of settings.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:Thanks to all of you for the help in finding the lost links. The problem seems to be that the directions I found still apply to the first version, such as options instead of settings.
Might I ask where you found those directions? As near as I can tell, the Help link takes you to updated documentation that uses the term "Settings" and the Quick Reference Guides all use the term "Settings". Aside from old Forum posts, I don't see anywhere that the old term "Options" is still used.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

aebrown wrote:Might I ask where you found those directions? As near as I can tell, the Help link takes you to updated documentation that uses the term "Settings" and the Quick Reference Guides all use the term "Settings". Aside from old Forum posts, I don't see anywhere that the old term "Options" is still used.

Actually, I noticed yesterday that the "Help" button in the calendar was going to the old help pages. This morning it seems to be pointed at the new ones. That's probably where it was coming from.
cindichr

"options" is still under Managing Locations

Post by cindichr »

The community admin asked where "options" is still showing up. I am finding "Options" as the recommended place to still go to today. Below is a clip from the "Managing Locations and Resources" in the Help area.

Many stakes have a default set of locations and resources that will already appear in the system by default. You can review the existing location and resource information by going to Options > Manage Locations & Resources.

If you're missing a location or resource, you can add them by doing the following:

Go to Options > Manage Locations & Resources.
In the upper-left corner, click Add Location.

I assume this will be updated soon.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cindichr wrote:The community admin asked where "options" is still showing up. I am finding "Options" as the recommended place to still go to today. Below is a clip from the "Managing Locations and Resources" in the Help area.
And where is this "Help area" you reference? When I click Help from the Calendar I am taken to the new Help system, in which I can find no section labeled "Manage Locations & Resources."

If you are following some old bookmark to the old help system, then I would recommend that you start using the Help button from the Calendar -- that will always take you to the current help system. But if there is some current link to the old system, it would be nice to know where it is so that it can be corrected.

Return to “Calendar”