Reservations replacing Assignments?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
cowvet

Reservations replacing Assignments?

Post by cowvet »

I am both a building scheduler and the Stake Website Administrator. I had Friday and Saturday listed in v1 as blocked so only the scheduler could add events. With v2, I am finding that I cannot schedule the building on those days, it tells me the day is blocked and to contact the scheduler and provides my name and contact info! I tried to get around this by reserving the days for the Stake, but now it says the days are blocked for the Stake and gives my contact info again. I was trying to schedule rooms in the building on a private stake calender made for building scheduling.

Is reservations in v2 now replacing the v1 location assignment where we could assign buildings and/or rooms in the building to different organizations? In v1, blocked allowed only the building scheduler to schedule the location but in v2 it is blocking the scheduler from doing so.

Thoughts?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cowvet wrote:Is reservations in v2 now replacing the v1 location assignment where we could assign buildings and/or rooms in the building to different organizations?

"Reservations" is simply the new name for "assignments" -- the concept is supposed to be exactly the same as in v1.
cowvet wrote:In v1, blocked allowed only the building scheduler to schedule the location but in v2 it is blocking the scheduler from doing so.

I think you're seeing a manifestation of the second problem reported in Edit event page only shows stake calendars. Although building schedulers are still supposed to be able to override reservations as they schedule events, it appears that there is a bug in v2 that has temporarily revoked that privilege from building schedulers.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”