After Creation of New Event in Detail Mode Bounces Back to Current Month

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
tortdog

After Creation of New Event in Detail Mode Bounces Back to Current Month

Post by tortdog »

It is October. I need to create events in the future, so I go to November in the month view and create a new event with details (because I don't like the 9 AM default time for a quick entry). That closes the month view, opens the full detail view of a new event, and I enter the information. Once the event is created, it posts to the proper date but the calendar then jumps back to the current month.

Problem: I want to make a lot of November entries so would prefer that the calendar "remember" what month I was in and not "force" me back to October.

Not sure why the Cal went to close the last month (as opposed to the old pop up version). That might have been what caused this.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

If I remember correctly from the beta, this is a known bug that was fixed then re-broken, then re-found too late for the release.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

This will be fixed in the next week or two.
mstauff

Post by mstauff »

As a workaround you can go into week view and use the quick create there. That will allow you to select the starting time and duration with the quick create, so you don't have to leave the page that you're on.
dlabau

Bouncing back to current month after entering events in the future

Post by dlabau »

mstauff wrote:As a workaround you can go into week view and use the quick create there. That will allow you to select the starting time and duration with the quick create, so you don't have to leave the page that you're on.
I have half my stake trying to create their calendar for next year. This is a major problem Having to navigate back to the correct month to enter 20 or so items makes the whole process very difficult. A quick fix would surely be appreciated. I can tell them just to wait a few days.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

dlabau wrote:I have half my stake trying to create their calendar for next year. This is a major problem Having to navigate back to the correct month to enter 20 or so items makes the whole process very difficult. A quick fix would surely be appreciated. I can tell them just to wait a few days.

You could also put all the events into an iCal file and import all the events at once via the setup wizard.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

This should be fixed now.

Return to “Calendar”