Event conflict does not list building scheduler as contact

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
bradh

Event conflict does not list building scheduler as contact

Post by bradh »

When scheduling an event that conflicts with another event, the warring message says to contact the building scheduler. But the contact information displayed is the event creator of the first event.

By the way, can a building scheduler override assigned time blocks?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

bradh wrote:By the way, can a building scheduler override assigned time blocks?
Yes they can.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

bradh wrote:When scheduling an event that conflicts with another event, the warring message says to contact the building scheduler. But the contact information displayed is the event creator of the first event.
Good catch -- I noticed this, too. I'm not sure what the intention was. I can see reasons for contacting either one. Certainly you would want to contact the original scheduler in many cases, since that's the person who knows all about the event.

But it can also be helpful to contact the building scheduler, since one of his or her roles is to work out conflicts. One particular oddity is that we have a lot of events that were created by the previous building scheduler, but he no longer has that calling. Now everyone will see his contact information for conflicts, when he doesn't really know anything about the event, and no longer has any ability to work out conflicts. In that case, it would be much better to see the contact information for the current building scheduler.
bradh wrote:By the way, can a building scheduler override assigned time blocks?

Theoretically, yes. That's how v1 worked, and what the v2 documentation says. But it does not seem to be working right now -- see Building Scheduler cannot override reservations.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
bradh

Post by bradh »

I think it would be great to have the contact info for both the building scheduler AND the event owner. Although, the person creating the event is not always the person of contact for that event. Maybe there should be an option added, a contact for the event. Then have it default to the person creating the event. Maybe?

I look forward to the 'override' option to be added (I hope it will be...)

Return to “Calendar”