Conflict checking shows Reservations - even if by the same unit

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Conflict checking shows Reservations - even if by the same unit

Post by russellhltn »

In saving edited events, I noticed that even Reservations were included in the conflict checking. Since I have things like reserving the High Council room for the Stake 24/7 this becomes an announce for every event at the Stake Center.

I can see that in some cases this is desirable, but I doubt if it is for most as typically reservations are not events.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

RussellHltn wrote:In saving edited events, I noticed that even Reservations were included in the conflict checking. Since I have things like reserving the High Council room for the Stake 24/7 this becomes an announce for every event at the Stake Center.

I can see that in some cases this is desirable, but I doubt if it is for most as typically reservations are not events.
I think it is always desirable to show reservations in the conflict checking -- if the resource you are asking for is reserved, and if you are not in the unit the reservation is for. Because in that case a reservation will stop you from scheduling that resource just as surely as an event will.

But I think you're seeing an effect of the second issue you reported in this post, so you're being warned of conflicts that aren't really conflicts for you.

Note: I moved this thread to the public Calendar forum from the private Calendar Beta Test forum -- there's no reason to hide it in the Beta Test forum now that the beta has ended.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”