How to run Gospel Library for Windows 6 from a storage card

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
vkimball

How to run Gospel Library for Windows 6 from a storage card

Post by vkimball »

I think there is some guidance out there on how to do this already, but I'm not tech savvy enough to understand it. I have a Windows Mobile 6 professional device. It's a little older and doesn't have much memory, so didn't have enough for the Gospel Library app. I purchased a mini SD card, but it doesn't seem to want to run from the card.

LDS gospel Library.exe
MissingMethodException
Could not load type 'MSWM.UI.MainUI'
from assembly 'MSWM.UI,
Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKey Token=null

Any suggestion/guidance on what to do next? Am I just out of luck?
agraden7

Post by agraden7 »

I ran into the exact same issue on my Windows Mobile 6.5 device (HTC Dash 3G). Tried installing it on my SD card as well as on my phone with no success.

Anyone have ideas on how to resolve the issue?[INDENT]
vkimball wrote:I think there is some guidance out there on how to do this already, but I'm not tech savvy enough to understand it. I have a Windows Mobile 6 professional device. It's a little older and doesn't have much memory, so didn't have enough for the Gospel Library app. I purchased a mini SD card, but it doesn't seem to want to run from the card.

LDS gospel Library.exe
MissingMethodException
Could not load type 'MSWM.UI.MainUI'
from assembly 'MSWM.UI,
Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKey Token=null

Any suggestion/guidance on what to do next? Am I just out of luck?
[/INDENT]
Schumaier

Post by Schumaier »

It should work when you copy the .cab file on the sd card, then run the .cab. You will then be prompted where the program is to be installed. Choose the card and that's it.
GL will install completely on the card and run without a problem.
I tried this on a few WM 6.0 and 6.5 devices and never discovered a problem.
bhillier

It's not eh storage card..

Post by bhillier »

I have the same problem, it seems to install fine on either the device (HTC touch Pro 2 WM6.5) or the storage card, but I get the above error both times - the program doesn't work at all.

I tried at the LDS Tech support wiki for Windows Mobile, but the page doesn't exist yet. Has anyone resolved this. I'm striking out here now that is seems the church doesn't support any old formats like Yanceyware etc. I can't bring myself to get an iPhone :-(
bhillier

Post by bhillier »

I had the same problem, but fixed it by updating to .net framework 3.5. See http://pocketnow.com/how-to/tutorial-ho ... amework-35 for some instructions on how to do this.

This upgrade is mentioned on the Gospel Library page, but I didn't pay attention at first because we didn't get the error message specified. However, upgrade and it works!

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”