v2 build 2353: Reservations / block event names did not migrate over

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dshep2020

v2 build 2353: Reservations / block event names did not migrate over

Post by dshep2020 »

The reservation block event names did not migrate over properly into the v2 production build. For blocked events, the title lists "-1".

For unit specific reservations, the unit number is only displayed for the event title.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

And lest you think that this applies only to your stake, I can confirm that I am seeing the same thing for our stake as well.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

Turns out, while the v1 reservations have a Name field, it is not used in the UI. We just put the unit number (for unit reservations) or '-1' (for blocked reservations) in the name field. This means when we converted to v2, which does use the Name field in the UI, we now have those unit numbers.

In v1, the text that displayed as the 'name' is auto generated on the front end, it is not pulled from the data.

We are preparing a script that will go through this data and replace the unit numbers and -1's with the auto-generated text from v1. It may be a few days, so if you go in and change the names yourselves to something more bearable, we will detect that and leave it alone.
ballam

Post by ballam »

I'm having this same problem and it also seems like I'm missing quite a few reservations for other wards that were on the v1 calendar. It looks like I can only see my ward reservations and stake reservations. All other reservations in my building from other wards are not showing up for me (I'm the building scheduler). When will your script get run to fix all the names? I'm getting flooded with requests and questions from my stake. Everyone is trying to finalize their Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas activities...
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

ballam wrote:All other reservations in my building from other wards are not showing up for me (I'm the building scheduler).

Have you tried checking the box by your building under "Available Locations" in Week View? That should allow you to see all reservations that still exist for the building.
cindichr

Post by cindichr »

I am trying to use Reservations. I have one Chapel listed twice, though it is only listed one time under Locations. How can I remove the 2nd entry? Also will the Calendars be adjusted so that when you are working in one month that it won't go back to today's date after every entry? That makes entering hundreds of dates tedious. The calendar events that I had entered earlier this week lost all of their location entries. I am the building scheduler.
cindichr

Post by cindichr »

mfmohlma wrote:Have you tried checking the box by your building under "Available Locations" in Week View? That should allow you to see all reservations that still exist for the building.
When I go to check that box, the following warning comes up:

IMPORTANT! You are enabling this location to be scheduled by all calendar editors and administrators affiliated with the location. In order to avoid unnecessary scheduling conflicts, it is highly recommended that building schedulers set up all reservations and time blocks PRIOR TO enabling scheduling for this location.

Will checking that box allow anyone to schedule the building? That could become a complicated problem. How do we maintain control if anyone can book the buildings without approval? Also, I can only book the entire location or one room at a time rather than a series of rooms. The site does not have boxes by each room so that multiple rooms can be booked, say for youth nights and allowing the RS room/ font to be booked separately.
KenRichins

Post by KenRichins »

No, it means admins and editors can use the calendar
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Please review the help files. I believe most of your questions can be answered there. Allowing folks to book the buildings without (much) approval is one of the main goals of the new system.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

cindichr wrote:Will checking that box allow anyone to schedule the building?

No, only "calendar editors and administrators affiliated with the location". (Unfortunately, it appears anyone can create a new calendar, but that's probably a discussion for another thread.)
cindichr wrote:Also, I can only book the entire location or one room at a time rather than a series of rooms. The site does not have boxes by each room so that multiple rooms can be booked, say for youth nights and allowing the RS room/ font to be booked separately.
You can multi-select. Just use the Ctrl key as you click on the location. It's a standard Windows method. (And I think everyone else would like to see a return to the check boxes.)
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”