No checkboxes next to locations

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jbgillam

No checkboxes next to locations

Post by jbgillam »

Hey all,

With the 2.0 upgrade I can't see any checkboxes to the left of each location title as displayed in the documentation. I tested in IE8 and Chrome. Without the checkboxes I can't see all events by location.

Thoughts?

Regards,

Brian
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

Welcome to the forum!

If you are a stake administrator, you need to re-enable the locations as described here. If you are not, you need to request that a stake administrator (usually a Stake Clerk) re-enable the locations.
jbgillam

Post by jbgillam »

Thanks and thanks for the quick reply. I'm a stake admin and had previously re-enabled the locations by setting the time zone for each and then saving the change. Wondering if it would just take time for the changes to commit, I checked the calendar again a few minutes ago for the checkboxes but they're still not there. Is there something other than setting the time zone that I need to do?
scottholmes

Post by scottholmes »

I see the same thing. I just noticed that I do see the checkboxes when I go into the "Week" view instead of "Month". I don't know if this is a bug, or by design.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

scottholmes wrote:I see the same thing. I just noticed that I do see the checkboxes when I go into the "Week" view instead of "Month". I don't know if this is a bug, or by design.
It is by design. Your analysis is spot-on, as the checkboxes do indeed appear by the locations in the Week view, but not in the Month view. This issue was raised during the beta test for Calendar v2, and we were told by a developer that the checkboxes are not designed to appear in the Month view.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dshep2020

Post by dshep2020 »

I know I should just get over this and move on...but this is the a big drawback to the v2 calendar. I use the filter by location so much as a stake building scheduler. I know ward leaders use it in month view too. Week view filter is so much more difficult to use, especially since the event names and descriptions don't wrap in the entry box. I have to tool tip over to see the event descriptions.

Devs...PLEASE consider bringing back the filter by location on the month view! I know it may be difficult to implement, but it was a great feature that is now gone. (ok...feel better because I said it one more time!)
jbgillam

Post by jbgillam »

Thanks for the clarification but I'm with dshepher -- the loss of filter by location in the month view is very inconvenient. Also, the member docs should probably be updated to reflect this change if it's not going to be reversed in the near term.
2gerolyn

Post by 2gerolyn »

If we are tallying votes...mine goes with dshepher. While this new calendar has many wonderful options; there are ways to work around proper channels; so administrators need to be able to see those who are putting items on the calendar at "other locations" and "no locations" in order to get their event scheduled. In order to prevent those deviations from protocol, we have set up our calendars to confirm proper authorization for location use. Without the option to filter by location; there are duplicate entries on the calendar at all times. It gets very confusing.
scottholmes

Post by scottholmes »

It seems that they should hide the locations options or something in the "Month" view as they don't function. It's confusing. At the very minimum, the documentation should make this more clear as I didn't see it there and wasn't sure what was going on at first.

I'm very appreciative of all the hard work that has gone into this. I don't want pointing out the places where I see some potential for improvement to come across as negativity.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

2gerolyn wrote:Without the option to filter by location; there are duplicate entries on the calendar at all times. It gets very confusing.
But please remember that you do have the option to filter by location -- it's just that it is now only available in the week view. I certainly wish it were also available in Month view, but I wouldn't use the phrase "without the option to filter by location" -- that seems a bit strong.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”