Indexing is not complete

Any discussions around the Gospel Library App on various mobile and electronic devices.
spiritbeing

Indexing is not complete

Post by spiritbeing »

I was trying to do a search for the first time and I got the message that "not all of my download content has been indexed. I'll notice missing results until the index has completed."

How do I get the index to complete? Nothing else is downloading. A refresh says my catalogs are complete.

I'm running this on a Toshiba tablet, honeycomb 3.1.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

How recently did you download content? Indexing happens in the background and takes some time.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
spiritbeing

Post by spiritbeing »

RussellHltn wrote:How recently did you download content? Indexing happens in the background and takes some time.

I downloaded it last Thursday. Is there anyway of determining if the indexing is happening on my tablet? If it is indexing in the background or not?

Could using the app before it completed its indexing cause it to stop the indexing?
grahambutcher

I'm having the same problem

Post by grahambutcher »

I thought it was just indexing, but I noticed the other day when I downloaded some new content that it indexed it there and then. I have been getting the message "Not all content has been indexed..." for over a month.

An answer to this would be appreciated.

Also, when I search, often the word or phrase I searched for is not in the search results and I usually have to scroll up or down to find the actual passage with the word in it. Is this because the indexing isn't complete?
grahambutcher

Post by grahambutcher »

OK - no answer - this is what I tried.

I removed the individual "books" one by one and then tried a search after each one to see whether it would still show the "Not all content has been indexed..." message. To my surprise I ended up removing all content and it still came up with the message.

However, I noticed that a couple of the categories had -1/9 and -3/75 displayed as the number of sub titles for it. So it looks like its got itself in a mess somewhere along the line. Perhaps I had powered it off when it was downloading or indexing or something.

So, I then uninstalled it, and then re-installed it. I then went into settings and turned on "index anytime" and then selected 20% on the "Power Level" setting.

I then downloaded one "book" and waited for it to download then I waited for it to start and finish indexing. The indexing start was usually about a minute or two after the download finished.

Seems to have done the job - long process but got there in the end.
grahambutcher

Post by grahambutcher »

Right - my last reply was premature.

After a while it just stops indexing new books. Removing all books no longer has the problem of negative counts in sub category totals and the "Not all content has been indexed..." message does not show any more when all books have been removed. But now I decide to download just one book, a small one (Pearl of Great Price). It down loads, a minute or two later it indexes, but when I try a search that message pops up again.

Clearly something is lacking with this app, and that is an "index everything now" button. Waiting for it to index when it feels like it is annoying. It wouldn't be so bad if it did it in a couple of days, but a month and still not done is not good.

I'll keep just PofGP on for a couple of days and see if it ever finishes indexing it and keep this thread posted with the results.
grahambutcher

Post by grahambutcher »

OK - longer than planned, but still no good. I have discovered from other forum threads that you can see if it is indexing currently or not by going to menu - more - download status. There it will tell you if it is downloading and/or indexing.

As for mine - it isn't indexing (or downloading), and I still get that message (Not all your downloaded content has been indexed...)

It also seems that nobody else is interested in this thread, maybe I'm the only one who has still got this problem, but in case anybody wishes to help me, here is some relevant info from the menu-more-about screen:
Android Edition
Model: LG-P350
Version: 2.0.2.2

And from the settings screen:
Enable indexing: ticked
Index anytime: ticked
Power Level:Anytime

Return to “Gospel Library”