Changing name for Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
raleighj

Changing name for Directory

Post by raleighj »

I do not want my full name to appear in the ward directory. The Display Name entered in LDS Account does not carry over to the Ward Directory. Is there any way to update a name without going to the Ward Clerk?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

raleighj wrote:I do not want my full name to appear in the ward directory. The Display Name entered in LDS Account does not carry over to the Ward Directory. Is there any way to update a name without going to the Ward Clerk?
Assuming you are not a member of the bishopric or a ward clerk, the answer is - not currently.

The display name in LDS Account has no relationship with the directory or with MLS.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

raleighj wrote:Is there any way to update a name without going to the Ward Clerk?

Although it's true that you need to ask the ward clerk to make this change (you can't do it yourself), it is very easy for him to make the change to your Preferred Name, which will then appear on the ward directory. I'm sure he'd be happy to make this change for you.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”