Duplicated date on calendar 15th october

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
l.portela

Duplicated date on calendar 15th october

Post by l.portela »

Hi,

I have saturday and sunday assigned as "october 15th" on lds.org calendar.
This is a common problem to everyone?
I´m facing problems cause after this date (oct 15th) all the days of the week are not matching with the real day of the month or vice-versa. Big Mess!

leandro portela
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

diport80 wrote:I have saturday and sunday assigned as "october 15th" on lds.org calendar.
This is a common problem to everyone?

No, there's no such problem on my calendar. Is there any chance you live in a country where Daylight Saving Time ended right around 15 October? I wonder if that might be a factor.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
l.portela

Post by l.portela »

Thanks for your reply aebrown!

Actually the dalight saving time started last week here in Brazil.
Do you have any suggestion to fix this issue?

warm regards
l.portela

Post by l.portela »

Thanks four reply!

Actually the daylight saving time started last week here in Brazil at midnight of the saturday oct 15th.
Do you have any sugestion to fix this issue?

warm regards,
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

diport80 wrote:Actually the daylight saving time started last week here in Brazil at midnight of the saturday oct 15th.
Do you have any sugestion to fix this issue?

I don't have any suggestions -- I really doubt that there is any way for you to fix it. All I can suggest is that you call your administration office to report the problem.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdcr256
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jdcr256 »

This will be a problem in any country (timezone) where daylight savings time starts/ends at midnight (like Brazil). The problem is that when you get to midnight, and the date rolls over from the 15th to the 16th, to account for daylight savings, the time jumps back an hour and it's the 15th again. The javascript libraries we are using to handle dates/times do not expect this and don't handle it properly. We don't have a fix yet.

This does not happen in countries where daylight savings starts/ends at 2:00am. This also won't happen in the spring when the time jumps forward.

Events scheduled on those days should still show up on the correct day on the calendar.
l.portela

Post by l.portela »

thanks for your reply,

I do hope to have it fixed so we can use the callendar functions properly.
Something is very interesting: This problem occured before the daylight save time started. Not after. I realized I had a doubled date on august when I was planning the semester.

If you have some advice in order to help to take advantage of the resource of the callendar, let me know.

regards,

Return to “Calendar”