Online ward directory not updating

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
davidrip

Online ward directory not updating

Post by davidrip »

Within the last few weeks, I have tried multiple times to update the contact information of a member of the ward. After getting the usual message of "Please allow up to 24 hours for your phone and email information to be updated", nothing happens. The information is not updated. This is only a recent problem, as I have successfully done this before. I believe another member of the ward tried updating his information as well, but the change does not show on the website.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

Welcome to the forum!

Many people here are quick to figure these things out, but we are users of the programs like yourself. I assume you are referring to LDS.org Directory, and not your older "classic" directory. Tell us a little more about your problem.

• What "contact information" are you trying to update? (don't give us personal info, of course!)
  • Are you updating via MLS (member leader services) from your clerks office?
  • Are you a ward clerk, and updating another members information, or
  • Are you a member trying to update your own, or help another person update their own information, and from where are you doing this updating?
  • Specifically, where (which application- MLS, lds.org Directory, lds maps, etc.) does this information not show a correction?
I ask because some problems can be quite specific in the reasons why things don't work as you suspect.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

I (as ward clerk) was able to update one of our members household phone numbers earlier this week via lds.org/directory.
davidrip

Post by davidrip »

Either I was mistaken in the symptoms, or it just started working without me doing anything. I apologize for the thread.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”