Information shift between US and Australia calendar input

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
lalosee

Information shift between US and Australia calendar input

Post by lalosee »

I am on a work assignment in Australia and have been inputting calendar events for 2012. The events I put in the US before I came here have shifted one day to the right as I view them here. The information I have been putting in here are shifted one day to the right as they are viewed in Utah. We are a day ahead here and that may be what is soing it. What do I need to fix it so I will not have to do everything over when I get home
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe the calendar system determines the time zone based on the computer settings. If the computer is set for the Australian time zone, then it will adjust the display to "local time".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

All calendar events are stored in Universal Time (UTC), but the time that is stored is calculated based on the time zone settings of the computer you are using.

The simplest approach for your situation is to make sure you set your computer clock to the Mountain Time Zone while you are working on the calendar in Australia. That way when you enter an event for 10:00am on a particular day, it will be interpreted as 10:00am MT on that day.

Just remember to set your computer clock back to Australian time when you are done doing calendar events, if you are using your computer for anything in Australia that depends on local time.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.

Return to “Calendar”