New LDS Music App!

zaneclark

New LDS Music App!

Post by zaneclark »

The tech guys have just released a new app, LDS Music for iOS devices, not sure about android. It is slick, simple and easy to navigate... Give it a try! And thanks to the team that put this together!
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

zaneclark wrote:The tech guys have just released a new app, LDS Music for iOS devices, not sure about android. It is slick, simple and easy to navigate... Give it a try! And thanks to the team that put this together!
That was announced herewith a link to the article here.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
hg4144

A few suggestions

Post by hg4144 »

First of all, I love the app. especially the music ... ideal for priesthood meetings? Or smaller meetings, etc...

I would like to zoom in on the Words ONLY, much like some other apps. I understand you can't on the sheet music, for obvious reasons. Though perhaps on the iPad?

Also, a help feature ... that one could learn how to conduct the music. Much like the apps. that illustrate how to make a paper airplane.

Thanks for your great work in bringing us the best in technology.

Howard
garyhamon

iOS Music app crashes

Post by garyhamon »

Ever since installing the updated LDS Music app on my iPhone 4, the app crashes immediately on startup. Do I need to uninstall & reinstall?
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Probably the best course of action. Also do a fresh download from the Itunes store, in case the original got corrupted.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

I have an iPod touch and the LDS Hymns app keeps crashing on me. It comes up and it looks like the hymns have installed, but the childrens song book seems to be where it is crashing. I have uninstalled the app and then downloaded a fresh copy from iTunes and it still crashes. The IOS is 4.2.1 and the version of the app is 1.0.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

harddrive wrote:I have an iPod touch and the LDS Hymns app keeps crashing on me. It comes up and it looks like the hymns have installed, but the childrens song book seems to be where it is crashing. I have uninstalled the app and then downloaded a fresh copy from iTunes and it still crashes. The IOS is 4.2.1 and the version of the app is 1.0.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is my understanding that the LDS Hymns app needs iOS 5 to work.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

lajackson wrote:It is my understanding that the LDS Hymns app needs iOS 5 to work.

Well that really bites, because my iPod apparently will not run iOS 5, which means that I need to upgrade and why should I do that when I have a perfectly good working iPod that does everything that I need.

Isn't there a way to make things backwards compatible? Also what does iOS 5 give us that iOS 4 doesn't, for the LDS Hymns? It's not like you can play the songs or anything.

Would love to know.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The iTunes Store says "Requires iOS 4.0 or later."
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

lajackson wrote:It is my understanding that the LDS Hymns app needs iOS 5 to work.
As Russell has pointed out, my understand is not correct. Still, I have had a lot of trouble with the newer versions of the apps (LDS Hymns, Gospel Library), and suggest you send in a bug report explaining what is happening and see if they can fix it for you. In the past, I have had success with this method. On one occasion they had trouble solving the problem, had me send them the crash files from my iTouch, and had it fixed with the next release.

Return to “Mobile Applications”