Webcast Communicator to share?

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Webcast Communicator to share?

Post by Mikerowaved »

I'm looking for someone in the Salt Lake, Davis, or Weber county area that would be willing to loan us a Webcast Communicator box for our stake conference in 2 1/2 weeks. Our testing (so far) with the Webcast software has not proven acceptable and we are looking for something tried and proven that will have a high confidence factor in working.

Please send me a Private Message if you have such gear available and can part with it for approx. 3 weeks. We normally have our conferences in the Ogden Tabernacle, but are forced to use multiple buildings in the stake ever since the tabernacle was closed for renovation.

Thanks,

Mike
Layton, UT
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
rpyne

Post by rpyne »

What kind of prblems have you been having? Unless you are trying to run the software on hardware that is totally inadequate you will likely have similar problems with the Webcast Communicator.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

I think the main problem we are having is the Roxio USB encoder we are using. If we select anything except the bottom 2 resolutions in the Webcast software, it starts dropping frames pretty badly. This is noticeable in the preview screen as well. The Roxio device was originally purchased to run on a notebook PC, but we've also tried it on a new C2D Dell tower with similar results. We could go out and buy an Osprey PCI card and try that, but conference is fast approaching and we don't have a lot of testing time left.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
danpass

Post by danpass »

Mikerowaved wrote:I'm looking for someone in the Salt Lake, Davis, or Weber county area that would be willing to loan us a Webcast Communicator box for our stake conference in 2 1/2 weeks. Our testing (so far) with the Webcast software has not proven acceptable and we are looking for something tried and proven that will have a high confidence factor in working.

Please send me a Private Message if you have such gear available and can part with it for approx. 3 weeks. We normally have our conferences in the Ogden Tabernacle, but are forced to use multiple buildings in the stake ever since the tabernacle was closed for renovation.

Thanks,

Mike
Layton, UT

The HQ group over webcast technologies has Webcast Communicators available on a loan basis. I think this would be the best way for you to go in your situation.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

danpass wrote:The HQ group over webcast technologies has Webcast Communicators available on a loan basis. I think this would be the best way for you to go in your situation.
Thanks for the tip. I called them and they said yes, they have a communicator "kit" that they can loan out, if it's not being used locally, or already spoken for. After a few minutes I was told it looked favorable for me to borrow it, but someone would have to call me and let me know for sure. Typical time to be called was around 4-5 days. That cuts it a little close to get it integrated into our system and tested, assuming it's even available.

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”