New LDS Music App

garysturn

New LDS Music App

Post by garysturn »

I just found the new LDS Music App put out by the Church on the Apple App Store. I had to find it by doing a search for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on the Apple App Store. I found no mention of it on any Church web sites.

It is a great App, it has both the Hymn book and the Children's Song Book.

-The Hymns can be listed by page number or in Alphabetical order.
-There is a quick slider along the right side to get to any hymn quickly.
-You can also list songs by composer, topic, or Author.
-They can be shown with sheet music or words only.
-You can listen to the hymns on your device by pushing a play button (music only no words).
-You can change pages with a right or left swipe.
-If the Hymn is larger than the screen it scrolls up and down.
-It is designed for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad.

Best of all its Free

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lds-music/id463553380?mt=8

I do not know if it is available on any other platform, maybe someone with an Android phone could look for it and let us know.

PS There is another App called LDS Hymns that is not put out by the Church as well but the one put out by the Church is called LDS Music.
Gary Turner
If you haven't already, please take a moment to review our new
Code of Conduct
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

garysturn wrote:I do not know if it is available on any other platform, maybe someone with an Android phone could look for it and let us know.

There's simular apps, but not under the church's name. But I did find "[url="LDS Youth" site:tech.lds.org/wiki]LDS Youth[/url]".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tomjoht

Post by tomjoht »

I'm glad you found it. We're about ready to publish an article about it tomorrow. Thanks for highlighting the app and sharing it with others.
CyberSultan

Post by CyberSultan »

Love it! Great start and looking forward to new feature updates. I use an iPad. Would like to see ability to download and cache all accompaniment instead of only one song at a time. That way I can take it on the road where wi-fi is not available. Also, I can't seem to zoom out to see an entire sheet music page at once. Would be nice if it defaulted to full page view with ability to zoom in.
robartsd

Post by robartsd »

I guess I'm stuck with the 3rd party App for hymns (also free) because this app requires iOS 4 and my device (1st Gen iPod Touch) is stuck in iOS 3 (with jailbreak). Of course this app is much more useful for iPad owners and all iPads can run iOS 4.
hiltonc

Post by hiltonc »

CyberSultan wrote:Love it! Great start and looking forward to new feature updates. I use an iPad. Would like to see ability to download and cache all accompaniment instead of only one song at a time. That way I can take it on the road where wi-fi is not available. Also, I can't seem to zoom out to see an entire sheet music page at once. Would be nice if it defaulted to full page view with ability to zoom in.
Thanks for the feedback! These features are on the roadmap.
cschlehuber

Post by cschlehuber »

CyberSultan wrote:Love it! Great start and looking forward to new feature updates. I use an iPad. Would like to see ability to download and cache all accompaniment instead of only one song at a time. That way I can take it on the road where wi-fi is not available. Also, I can't seem to zoom out to see an entire sheet music page at once. Would be nice if it defaulted to full page view with ability to zoom in.
hiltonc wrote:Thanks for the feedback! These features are on the roadmap.

That is super! The ability to download and cache all accompaniment instead of only one at a time is just what I came here to see if I could ask for that. It was rather annoying to upgrade to v 1.0.1 and have all the hymns' sound disappear. We'll be on a member and leadership support mission in Sierra Leone in January and Internet access will be hard to find.

Also, what does the "Reset" do under the iPad Settings for LDS Hymns?
mkpolansky

Post by mkpolansky »

I have an iPod Touch running iOS 4.2.1. I have installed the ap, but it crashes during the "loading for the first time" splash. I have deleted and re-installed the ap multiple time with no luck. Any thoughts?
clintonkopotic

Post by clintonkopotic »

I'm also having it crash when it's "loading for the first time". I have an iPhone 3G and I'm also running iOS 4.2.1. I could see the "Hymns" appear in the list while it's loading, but it crashed shortly after that. I also deleted and re-installed with the same results.
eat5hams

Post by eat5hams »

This is awesome to hear about! I hope a similar app for Android is on the way?? I love the hymns and love to sing them and the words alone aren't enough! Good job LDS tech! Excited to see what else you come up with!

Return to “Mobile Applications”