Cannot log in to forum (but can log into everything else on LDSTech)

Having a problem with the Forum? Or feedback about the forum? This is the place.
jennatherton

Cannot log in to forum (but can log into everything else on LDSTech)

Post by jennatherton »

Hello,

I am posting from my wife's account because I cannot login with my own. Several months ago I tried to use the forum registration to create my account because I did not see the warning advising against that. Please let me know what needs to be done. The account name is jalanatherton.

Thank you,
Alan
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jennatherton wrote:The account name is jalanatherton.

I find nothing under that name. I'd see it if it were "in progress" or banned.

I'd suggest trying again, making sure you use your LDS Account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jennatherton

Post by jennatherton »

Thanks for responding.

I just tried again (with my LDS account, yes), and got the same result. What happens is the redirect page comes up, where it says "Thank you for logging in, <username>." except in my case there is just a space where the username should be, like this, "Thank you for logging in, ." I am redirected to the forum, and it is as if I did not log in (the upper bar for account settings and such has the login/password boxes).

My LDS account username was originally cycletronic, but I changed it as an attempt to fix the problem and to be more consistent with other accounts.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jennatherton wrote:My LDS account username was originally cycletronic, but I changed it as an attempt to fix the problem and to be more consistent with other accounts.

No dice there either. Can you PM me your email address so I can try to find it that way?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Nada. I'd think having nothing would be an advantage. You should be able to log in with your current LDS Account and it will create one for you - the same way you just did with your wife's account. I can't find any "leftover" that could be causing any grief.

Can you go to ldsaccount.lds.org and check that both "user name" and "display name" is filled in?

jalanatherton

Post by jalanatherton »

My display name and username are filled in, but I noticed that my email address as in ldsaccount is different than what I sent you, it has a + in it. The plus is for filtering purposes, in case someone here doesn't know.

So, I just tried removing the + in the email address, and it worked. So the problem is resolved in my case. No + allowed in the email address.

Thanks again for your support.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jalanatherton wrote:No + allowed in the email address.
Thanks for the feedback. Good to know.

Return to “Help with this forum”