Budget Allowance Detail Report

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
bgant

Budget Allowance Detail Report

Post by bgant »

Has anyone else noticed that in the Budget Allowance Detail Report that there are expenses listed now that go back to 2010? There are two columns, one that is titled "Posted" and another titled "Date". The date colomn is the one I am talking about. The posted dates are in 2011. Also old subcategories have resurfaced that have been deactived before. Why is this happending and how do I correct it? It seems to have started after the latest upgrade. There are so many of these old 2010 entries I don't know where to begin. For example, I had originally had Missionary expenses under Elders and I decided last year that it would be best under Miscellanious and moved it and deactivated the original subcategory. Now it is back with 26 entries both expenses and credits. The net result is a negative $89.00. All of the entries appear to be from the Distribution Center. Another example is the Distribution Center Charges. I have a mixture of 2010 and 2011 expenses and credits. The net result is $227.71 credit. How can that be?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You may want to re-read the release notes. MLS has changed from the old way of using whatever date you gave it to the posted date.

Someone may have an idea as to how to handle the changes, but by in large, you can't undo it. Anything you do now will have today's posted date.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

However, if it is simply a matter of using the posted date instead of the specified transaction date, you should still have the same current total for each category. You'd only see differences on reports with an end date earlier than today. So there must be something else going on.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I see similar issues as well. for instance, under my Budget Allocation I have several populated sub-categories (they weren't there before) with amounts in them. However, I look at details and they are expenses from 2010 that are posted in 2011 (some of these have a year between the dates). I'm assuming these are the 'problem' transactions that CHQ has been working on since the CUBS transition and when they were finally fixed at CHQ, that is the date used for the posted date. I'm going to wait for the magic setup file pill before I dig in.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”