Uploading Pictures taken in LDS Tools

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
vickihallan

Uploading Pictures taken in LDS Tools

Post by vickihallan »

I can upload pictures from my laptop to lds.org for ward members.

I can take pictures from LDS tools (on my ipad/iphone) - but they are only visible from my account.

But, how can I get the pictures taken from within LDS tools to appear on LDS.org? I realize I likely have to upload them separately, but I can't even find them outside of the app.

Someone suggested I connect my ipad to a Mac under I-photo. That works great for photos taken under the camera app, but I can't see the photos taken from within LDS Tools.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

Does anyone have a solution to this yet? I took a few photos of members on an iPhone and I would love to extract them out of the LDS Tools app and upload them to lds.org/directory.

Thanks~!

PS: If you did happen to properly crop the picture in the LDS Tools app, you can take a screenshot of the picture and then email that picture to yourself. Here's how (note: I would use this method myself, except I did a horrible job of cropping some of the zoomed in photos... oops!):
  • Navigate to the member's photo in LDS tools
  • Press the Home button AND the sleep button at the same time (the sleep button is on the top of the iPhone, I'm not sure where it is on iPod and iPad)
  • Go to your camera roll (in the camera app) and email the photo to yourself
davidesidwell

Me too.

Post by davidesidwell »

I have this same problem, using the iPad. I took photos, they uploaded to iPad LDS TOOLS with a message that they were uploading to lds.org. But the photos never made it to lds.org and are still only on my iPad in the way that Is described below.
vickihallan wrote:I can upload pictures from my laptop to lds.org for ward members.

I can take pictures from LDS tools (on my ipad/iphone) - but they are only visible from my account.

But, how can I get the pictures taken from within LDS tools to appear on LDS.org? I realize I likely have to upload them separately, but I can't even find them outside of the app.

Someone suggested I connect my ipad to a Mac under I-photo. That works great for photos taken under the camera app, but I can't see the photos taken from within LDS Tools.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”