Adding photos to ward directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
ntorg

Adding photos to ward directory

Post by ntorg »

Is there a way for an administrator to add photos for individual member's profiles without having the member login? As ward leaders, we have taken photos of most of our members and would like to have them available on the online ward directory. But most of the members don't have usernames and/or wouldn't take the time to upload their own photo.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

Any directory administrator can upload photos. With the photos on your computer click the "Upload Photos" item in the left menu box column. Once the photo is uploaded the name or family can be selected in the listbox below the photo. At first the only selections available will be households. For an individual select the household in which they reside. The individual names in that household will now be available. Alternatively just begin typing in the name beginning with the last name first. When the household name or the individual name is displayed click the check icon with the "Approve and Publish Photo Assignment" help text.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ntorg wrote:But most of the members don't have usernames and/or wouldn't take the time to upload their own photo.

And just to clarify, what jdlessley described allows photos to be uploaded for all members of the ward -- even if they have never created an LDS Account or logged in.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kparksion

KParksion

Post by kparksion »

I was wondering kind of the same thing as the start of this thread, my calling in my ward is the ward photographer and have been assigned to update the pictures in the ward directory. I have been given admin rights that work on the classic page and have been able to upload pictures on that, but they don't show on the new version of the ward directory with the pictures. The only person I can change anything on the new directory is myself and my household. There is no "upload photo" option on the left panel for me. Are there other specific admin rights I need to be granted or are there any steps I'm missing? Any information or help I could get I would greatly appeciate. Thank you for your time.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kparksion wrote:I was wondering kind of the same thing as the start of this thread, my calling in my ward is the ward photographer and have been assigned to update the pictures in the ward directory. I have been given admin rights that work on the classic page and have been able to upload pictures on that, but they don't show on the new version of the ward directory with the pictures.
The photos on the classic site have no connection to the photos on the new directory, so that explains why you don't see them on the new ward directory.
kparksion wrote:The only person I can change anything on the new directory is myself and my household. There is no "upload photo" option on the left panel for me. Are there other specific admin rights I need to be granted or are there any steps I'm missing?

Permissions to the new directory are not granted to you by name, as was the case with the classic site. Rather, you have to have an appropriate standard calling given to you in MLS. It sounds like you're not a bishopric member or clerk, so the standard calling that would give you the permissions you seek is "Website Administrator." Assuming your bishop approves, your ward clerk can give you that standard calling in MLS. Then a day or so later you will have new options on the new Directory for uploading and managing photos. You'll be able to upload single or bulk photos, and assign them to individuals or households.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

kparksion wrote:Are there other specific admin rights I need to be granted or are there any steps I'm missing?
The new directory helphas detailed information about the roles and responsibilities. It lists the positions that are granted administrator rights and what those rights entail.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”