Stake Email Broadcast

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
zaneclark

Stake Email Broadcast

Post by zaneclark »

As a newly called assistant stake clerk, one of my duties is to send email broadcasts to the entire stake membership, however on the new site, I am limited to only stake leaders. Is there a calling higher than mine, i.e., stake president, etc., that does have this ability or is this a function still to come?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:As a newly called assistant stake clerk, one of my duties is to send email broadcasts to the entire stake membership, however on the new site, I am limited to only stake leaders. Is there a calling higher than mine, i.e., stake president, etc., that does have this ability or is this a function still to come?
I know my stake president can send to the entire stake membership. I'm not sure who else can (but I know that as an assistant clerk, I also am unable to send to the entire stake membership).

So the feature exists, but for some strange reason, the developers think permission to use it needs to be extremely restricted.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:I know my stake president can send to the entire stake membership. I'm not sure who else can (but I know that as an assistant clerk, I also am unable to send to the entire stake membership).

So the feature exists, but for some strange reason, the developers think permission to use it needs to be extremely restricted.

On the ward level the ward clerk can send to the entire ward membership but assistant ward clerks cannot. I'd guess that the same is true on the stake level.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

eblood66 wrote:On the ward level the ward clerk can send to the entire ward membership but assistant ward clerks cannot. I'd guess that the same is true on the stake level.
Yes. I work at the stake level as Asst. Stake Clerk - Technology and Asst. Stake Clerk (long story) and I can only send Email to leadership groups and not the general membership of a ward or stake. I'm hoping that this will be fixed in a future release.
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
troywo

Post by troywo »

As Stake Clerk I can see the tab to email leaders or members. I have never looked at this before and when I clicked to send to members it comes back with all adult members or all members. Just for fun I clicked all adult members but it gave an error saying the group was not available now try again later. I can say it looks like a stake clerk can send such an email but cannot tell for sure with the error.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

techgy wrote:I can only send Email to leadership groups and not the general membership of a ward or stake. I'm hoping that this will be fixed in a future release.
I also hope for change, and question why the permissions are so restrictive. Even the sending to leadership is restrictive. Stake assistant clerks can send to multiple STAKE leadership groups, such as the Stake Sunday School Presidency and the High Council, or multiple individual ward leadership groups within one ward, but cannot send to leaders in multiple wards AT ONE TIME!

I cannot, for example craft one email and send it to ALL BISHOPS STAKEWIDE, or ALL WARD CLERKS, or ALL HP GROUP LEADERS, etc. which is frustrating because that is exactly what I am asked to do frequently. "remind the bishoprics that we changed the location of bishopric training tomorrow." "Remind the ward clerks about the quarterly report deadline."

We still must maintain separate email lists. Lets all send feedback....
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

In a related subject, when I check the directory under the tools menu, ALL of the stake presidency and stake clerks have email addresses, but when I go the Clerk Resources to send a message to the stake presidency, only 3 are listed as recipients. Where does the 'Send a Message" feature get the email addresses? Evidently not from the directory....
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

zaneclark wrote:In a related subject, when I check the directory under the tools menu, ALL of the stake presidency and stake clerks have email addresses, but when I go the Clerk Resources to send a message to the stake presidency, only 3 are listed as recipients. Where does the 'Send a Message" feature get the email addresses? Evidently not from the directory....
Oh, I think the email addresses come from the same source. I would suspect that the people who don't show up in the Clerk Resources have chosen not to have their email addresses displayed in the Directory, but since you are an assistant clerk, you get to see the email addresses anyway. But I'm guessing that the Clerk Resources messaging system honors the request to hide the addresses (if I'm right, you'll see those names displayed in a separate panel on the Send a Message screen).
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
kisaac
Community Moderators

Post by kisaac »

zaneclark wrote:In a related subject, when I check the directory under the tools menu, ALL of the stake presidency and stake clerks have email addresses, but when I go the Clerk Resources to send a message to the stake presidency, only 3 are listed as recipients. Where does the 'Send a Message" feature get the email addresses? Evidently not from the directory....
I think aebrown may be on to something, but those names are not accounted for on the list of members who don't have an email or have requested it not be shown. This is frustrating to me too, zaneclark! I'll do some checking, because it is truly baffling why some show while others don't. Is it that stake assistant clerks don't have the permissions, is it that they have mistakenly coded it as "private?" We must find out!
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

aebrown wrote:Oh, I think the email addresses come from the same source. I would suspect that the people who don't show up in the Clerk Resources have chosen not to have their email addresses displayed in the Directory, but since you are an assistant clerk, you get to see the email addresses anyway. But I'm guessing that the Clerk Resources messaging system honors the request to hide the addresses (if I'm right, you'll see those names displayed in a separate panel on the Send a Message screen).
I just logged onto the directory using my wife's login information, and all the stake presidency email addresses were showing...... So back to the drawing board...

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”