No option to "Edit Profile" when viewing My Household

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
nicoleneilan

No option to "Edit Profile" when viewing My Household

Post by nicoleneilan »

I was helping a member in my ward get signed in to her new LDS.org account so she could access the new local unit directory. She has no option to edit her profile in order to add her phone number or email address. She is not the head of household. Any ideas as to what might be wrong?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nicoleneilan wrote:She is not the head of household.
Is she the spouse or at least an adult? Reading the help file, I'm not sure if children are allowed to edit.

You might also verify that her account is tied to the correct membership record number. Otherwise the system will think she belongs to another family.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techmom2

Post by techmom2 »

Actually, she is the spouse. I assume her account is tied to the correct membership record since when she clicks on My Household, it goes to her record.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

techmom2 wrote:Actually, she is the spouse.

Is she shown beside her husband, or under "Other Household Members"? I've seen the system think the spouse is a child before.

Any possibility that somehow her login is tied to a child of the household and not to her (perhaps she has a daughter with a simular name making the mistake easy)?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
techmom2

Can't edit profile

Post by techmom2 »

RussellHltn wrote:Is she shown beside her husband, or under "Other Household Members"? I've seen the system think the spouse is a child before.

Any possibility that somehow her login is tied to a child of the household and not to her (perhaps she has a daughter with a simular name making the mistake easy)?

No, there are no children in the household, just my friend as the spouse, and her husband.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”