How Long Before Updates To MLS Are Reflected On LDS.org?

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
bschroader

How Long Before Updates To MLS Are Reflected On LDS.org?

Post by bschroader »

Our stake was just reorganized and I am in a new ward now. I was called to continue as web administrator and was in contact with the ward clerk pertaining the updating of MLS. We sustained a lot of new callings and he assured me that MLS was updated.

What is the process for uploading MLS data to church headquarters and how long does it typically take to propogate? The bishop is the only position made current on our contact list by organization.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

bschroader wrote:Our stake was just reorganized and I am in a new ward now. I was called to continue as web administrator and was in contact with the ward clerk pertaining the updating of MLS. We sustained a lot of new callings and he assured me that MLS was updated.

What is the process for uploading MLS data to church headquarters and how long does it typically take to propogate? The bishop is the only position made current on our contact list by organization.

From what I can see those callings haven't been sent to church headquarters yet. They may have entered them into MLS and not done a send/receive, but until they make it up to CDOL they won't be seen anywhere else.
bschroader

Post by bschroader »

JonesRK wrote:From what I can see those callings haven't been sent to church headquarters yet. They may have entered them into MLS and not done a send/receive, but until they make it up to CDOL they won't be seen anywhere else.

Thank you. I suspected as much. I'll ping our ward clerk to see if he performed the necessary send/recieve. :cool:
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

And after that, CDOL usually (but not always) updates the next day.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

lajackson wrote:And after that, CDOL usually (but not always) updates the next day.
CDOL usually updates within minutes, but other applications that grant rights based on that data usually takes overnight.
wcdalton

Post by wcdalton »

My stake also recently did a re-organization where I was ward clerk in my previous ward and am now ward clerk in my new ward. The bishop calling and record was there when MLS was installed and setup the first time. Within the first week I was put into MLS using the default callings provided and so were the counselors and the executive secretary. The following week I put in the financial clerk and later that Sunday I noticed that the bishop and the financial clerk were the only ones that show up in the leadership directory of the Ward Directory on LDS.org. We've done tithing and several send and recieves. I still don't have the leadership privileges on LDS.org and I'm wondering why the rest of the leadership positions don't show up under the ward directory. Any ideas?
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

wcdalton wrote:My stake also recently did a re-organization where I was ward clerk in my previous ward and am now ward clerk in my new ward. The bishop calling and record was there when MLS was installed and setup the first time. Within the first week I was put into MLS using the default callings provided and so were the counselors and the executive secretary. The following week I put in the financial clerk and later that Sunday I noticed that the bishop and the financial clerk were the only ones that show up in the leadership directory of the Ward Directory on LDS.org. We've done tithing and several send and recieves. I still don't have the leadership privileges on LDS.org and I'm wondering why the rest of the leadership positions don't show up under the ward directory. Any ideas?
The problem is that those are all in CDOL as custom positions, instead of the standard positions. I see if I can find out anymore info.
wcdalton

Post by wcdalton »

JonesRK wrote:The problem is that those are all in CDOL as custom positions, instead of the standard positions. I see if I can find out anymore info.

That's interesting because I double checked and in MLS it has the default or provided position names available and I never specified a custom position. So unless those are wrong in my MLS I don't understand how I would have used custom positions.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Just to make sure you're on the same page, you may want to read the section on Standard Positions and run the Review Tool mentioned.

Edit: I've noticed in MLS, it's possible to select a custom position if one has already been created. You don't have to go to the "custom positions" tab.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

wcdalton wrote:That's interesting because I double checked and in MLS it has the default or provided position names available and I never specified a custom position. So unless those are wrong in my MLS I don't understand how I would have used custom positions.
In looking at the data that was sent, it could be a bug in MLS or in the data (not the data you can enter), because I am seeing the correct position id but the flag that says it is a custom position is set, and a true custom position shouldn't have that id.
I will send this on to the MLS team to look at.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”