MLS 3.4.1 Instructions Recall

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
Meyerds9

MLS 3.4.1 Instructions Recall

Post by Meyerds9 »

I recently received an e-mail from MLS Support with subject "MLS 3.4.1 Upgrade Instructions". Included were two attachments, Oct 2011 MLS 3.4.1 Changes.pdf and MLS 3.4.1 Upgrade Instructions.pdf. Immediately following was another e-mail with subject "Recall: MLS 3.4.1 Upgrade Instructions". The message was only "MLS Support MSR would like to recall the message, "MLS 3.4.1 Upgrade Instructions".=". Anyone know if this means the upgrade instructions are on hold until further notice?
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

meyerds9 wrote:I recently received an e-mail from MLS Support with subject "MLS 3.4.1 Upgrade Instructions". Included were two attachments, Oct 2011 MLS 3.4.1 Changes.pdf and MLS 3.4.1 Upgrade Instructions.pdf. Immediately following was another e-mail with subject "Recall: MLS 3.4.1 Upgrade Instructions". The message was only "MLS Support MSR would like to recall the message, "MLS 3.4.1 Upgrade Instructions".=". Anyone know if this means the upgrade instructions are on hold until further notice?

Since the original message regarding this upgrade was sent using the message system in the MLS software, I'd be suspicious of anything that was sent to me via Email. Do you actually mean that you received an Email about this?
Have you read the Code of Conduct?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

techgy wrote:Since the original message regarding this upgrade was sent using the message system in the MLS software, I'd be suspicious of anything that was sent to me via Email. Do you actually mean that you received an Email about this?

I received an email about the update as well and it included the .pdf files for both the change description and the upgrade instructions. I haven't received any recall email though. The email did look authentic and the headers indicate it did come from the church.
sbrookfowler

Post by sbrookfowler »

My stake president received the 3.4.1 instructions via regular email as well as the "recall" email; all of which he forwarded to me. It looks legitimate. Curious.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

sbrookfowler wrote:My stake president received the 3.4.1 instructions via regular email as well as the "recall" email; all of which he forwarded to me. It looks legitimate. Curious.
We're checking with our stake president to see if he's received anything in this regard. In the meantime, it would great to have some feedback from someone at CHQ to help enlighten us.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I received it (Ward Clerk) and my Bishop received it (and forwarded to me). I did not receive a recall request.
techgy
Community Moderators

Post by techgy »

I made a call to Local Unit Support this morning and was told that the Emails regarding any recall were only sent to a very small number of units - mostly those who were Beta testers. If you didn't see any Email then the upgrade should be handled as instructed.
throndsenj

Post by throndsenj »

techgy wrote:I made a call to Local Unit Support this morning and was told that the Emails regarding any recall were only sent to a very small number of units - mostly those who were Beta testers. If you didn't see any Email then the upgrade should be handled as instructed.
I just called and the person I talked to did not have a clue as to what I was talking about. I had one unit in my stake receive the recall notice. We have received at the stake the PDF of MLS 3.4.1 Changes, but not the instructions. The person I talked to did not know when the instructions would be sent. It sounds like some of you have received the instructions. Is there a place to download the instructions?

Jim
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

throndsenj wrote:Is there a place to download the instructions?
There is a post herethat provides an edited version. It is edited because we cannot post passwords on these forums and the MLS site password has been removed from that document.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”