Feature Suggestion:Tabbed Display

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
thattolleyguy

Feature Suggestion:Tabbed Display

Post by thattolleyguy »

I've noticed sitting in Sunday School that the teachers like to switch between books a lot. The current implementation of navigation makes it hard to jump back and forth from New Testament to Pearl of Great Price to some random magazine. If you're following a footnote link, you can always go back which is pretty convenient but if you're trying to do some actual studying (versus just reading a chapter) there's no nice way to jump between to places quickly. (Bookmarks kind of support this, but seem like more of a hassle). I was thinking some sort of tabbed view might be nice. There are a lot of ways this could be done and it doesn't even have to be tabs at the top of the view. Some possible ideas: You pinch the page it zooms out to a view with 4 pages (2x2). Pinch causes the current view to zoom out and allows you to swipe left or right to switch tabs. I think this would be really useful and would love to help implement it. Any feedback would be great!
98bowls

Post by 98bowls »

Bump. This is one of my top requests, second only to syncing with lds.org.

I see it on the wish list (https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Gospel_Librar ... _Wish_List) described as follows:

Have multiple scripture places open (tabs?) for going back and forth between books.

But the wish list leaves me not knowing if there is any progress being made on any of the features listed there...

Any of our kind developers have an insight to the status on this?
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

It is a high priority on the items to add. Our next release due very shortly will provide syncing with lds.org. once that is complete, we will be looking at how big of an effort multiple tabs will take.
Jason Hyer
butlerrl

Post by butlerrl »

jasonhyer wrote:It is a high priority on the items to add. Our next release due very shortly will provide syncing with lds.org. once that is complete, we will be looking at how big of an effort multiple tabs will take.

How is this going to be implemented? I love the pinch to zoom out idea.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”