Calendar is all DIVs? Really?!!!

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
RussBarth

Calendar is all DIVs? Really?!!!

Post by RussBarth »

So my Stake President wants the 2012 calendar to be printed in a Duty to God sized booklet for my stake. He'd like the months to be split onto two pages, 4 days in columns on the left, 3 days in columns on right with a 4th column for notes.

I'm thinking, that might be fun, but I think I can do it... Then I realize I cannot copy the new calendar as a table. I try IE, FF, Chrome, the table 2 clipboard extension in FF... nothing. Then I view source... all DIV tags!!!!

I'm a web programmer, I think DIVs are as cool as the next guy, but didn't anyone realize when designing the new calendar with DIVs instead of a tables like the old what that meant for secretaries and clerks? We can no longer export the calendar into our favorite word processor and manipulate/format the calendar for printing.

The only options are the rudimentary options to print that the programmers gave us. And they did allow hole punches on the left for portrait... but did no one think of alternating left/right on odd/even pages for double sided to save on paper?

What are other people doing to print a calendar for their stake? Any ideas or options would be useful.

And if any of the programmers are reading this, at least allow alternating holes on left/right on odd/even pages for double sided printing. That would allow us to at least print Jan - Dec on 6 pages instead of 12.
pani

Post by pani »

Just use the export syncing facility. Export it to a calendar that formats it better for copy and paste, or allows custom print options.
RussBarth

Post by RussBarth »

pani wrote:Just use the export syncing facility. Export it to a calendar that formats it better for copy and paste, or allows custom print options.

The only export option I see is to do iCal syncing. Am I missing something? I really don't have another iCal calendar program to bring it into. What have other people tried?
Aczlan

Post by Aczlan »

RussBarth wrote:The only export option I see is to do iCal syncing. Am I missing something? I really don't have another iCal calendar program to bring it into. What have other people tried?
Outlook will sync, Sunbird or Lightning should also be able to sync the calendar.
If you export a calendar file, you should be able to import it into Google Calendar.

Aaron Z
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

RussBarth wrote:I'm a web programmer,
You could try Greasemonkey for Firefox, or just jQuerify the page and change the formatting the way you want it. Not the nicest but definitely doable.

Return to “Calendar”