Callings list

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
jefferyrl

Callings list

Post by jefferyrl »

I LOVE the list of callings that are on the calendar website, as opposed to having to enter names. However, who would we contact to update that list of callings?

For example, I am adding a Relief Society Calendar and when selecting the editors by calling there is not an option for "Relief Society Meeting Coordinator". (this is the new name for the "Relief Society Home Family Personal Enrichment Leader", this change was made by the Relief Society General Presidency at the General RS Meeting Sep 2010.)
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

jefferyrl wrote:I LOVE the list of callings that are on the calendar website, as opposed to having to enter names. However, who would we contact to update that list of callings?

For example, I am adding a Relief Society Calendar and when selecting the editors by calling there is not an option for "Relief Society Meeting Coordinator". (this is the new name for the "Relief Society Home Family Personal Enrichment Leader", this change was made by the Relief Society General Presidency at the General RS Meeting Sep 2010.)
I would recommend sending feedback from the website (look at the bottom of the main lds.org page. Once in the feedback you can pick 'Local Unit Websites' as the category.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jefferyrl wrote:I LOVE the list of callings that are on the calendar website, as opposed to having to enter names. However, who would we contact to update that list of callings?
We have no control over that list other than to submit feedback. It is the MLS standard positions list. That list may be updated as time goes on, but do not expect to have any direct input to it.

So if you would like to add someone as an editor by calling they will have to be entered into MLS with what is on the list. The alternative is to add someone by name. The only problem with that approach is that when a person is added by name they will have to be manually removed once they are released from their calling.

For your example you can use the old standard position. Once MLS catches up I am reasonably certain that the programmers will make the change for the calendar standard position. Since the standard positions are only visible when adding editors/viewers to calendars I don't think it should be much of an issue.

The only other issue would be how the sister and her calling would appear on directories created from the MLS positions. The sister could be entered into MLS for the standard (old) position to give her editor rights in the calendar and then entered again using the custom position for the purposes of directories.

If having two callings in the directories would cause issues then I would only use the custom position in MLS and then add her as an editor by name for the calendar. This approach will require updating the custom position in MLS once the old standard position is updated. Once it is, then the sister can be added to the calendar by calling and removed by name.

What approach you take really depends on how the sisters want their directory of callings to appear and the amount of work you want to have to remember to do sometime in the future.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Calendar”