3.4.1 heads up- checks etc.

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
giffordrb

3.4.1 heads up- checks etc.

Post by giffordrb »

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up on something new in 3.4.1 - which is that once a check has the status of cleared in MLS it will no longer be able to be voided through MLS. At that point it you will have to contact LUS to do the void.

The status of checks in MLS is changing as well, ie 'Cleared' will now mean that the check has actually cleared the bank, not that it has just been accepted by CUBS. The new status between sent and cleared is 'Issued'. When CUBS is notified that a check has cleared a specified bank it will then send the 'Cleared' status down to MLS. Checks can be voided until this happens. This is new functionality in CUBS and MLS.

I hope this helps - questions are always welcome.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
allenjpl

Post by allenjpl »

Personally, I'm just glad that they are restoring the ability to see if a particular check has actually been paid through the bank. This is a function that I've missed since the CUBS conversion.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

allenjpl wrote:Personally, I'm just glad that they are restoring the ability to see if a particular check has actually been paid through the bank. This is a function that I've missed since the CUBS conversion.
Except that we didn't have that feature prior to the CUBS conversion, either. All we had then was an indicator if the check has been checked off as cleared during the reconciliation process. If you did the reconciliation correctly (and that was by no means guaranteed), that would tell you that it cleared as of the last CUFS, but it was never an up-to-date indicator between reconciliations if a check had cleared the bank.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
freedom55

Post by freedom55 »

Thanks for the heads up, Ryan. That functionality will be helpful.
giffordrb

Post by giffordrb »

3.4.1 is going global tonight. The installer should be up on mls.lds.org soon, and the the patches should come down to all units on the next send/receive.
Ryan Gifford
MLS
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

giffordrb wrote:3.4.1 is going global tonight.

It didn't go, did it? I did a Send/Receive yesterday with nary a sign of .1 in sight.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

lajackson wrote:It didn't go, did it? I did a Send/Receive yesterday with nary a sign of .1 in sight.
I haven't tested the automatic download yet, but the 3.4.1 version is indeed available on the MLS download site.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

I did some MLS work in between sessions on Saturday and when I did a Send/Receive, 3.4.1 came in via automatic download.
JLR
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

lajackson wrote:It didn't go, did it? I did a Send/Receive yesterday with nary a sign of .1 in sight.

Did some work at the (church) office on my way to the (non-church) office this morning and we recieved 3.4.1 after two S/R's.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mfmohlma wrote:we recieved 3.4.1 after two S/R's.

Got it tonight on our 2nd S/R, just as we thought we were going home.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”