Troop Committee Chair can't add events to calendar?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
dlg7

Troop Committee Chair can't add events to calendar?

Post by dlg7 »

I'm the troop committee Chair, and can't add scouting/YM events to our ward calendar. The ward exe. can't find a way to enable this for me. The TCC oversees the entire ward scouting program, and should be able to add scouting events at the ward level. The Scoutmaster has this ability, but if the troop is set up correctly, the scoutmaster is not responsible for courts of honor, leader training and troop planning meetings that all need to be on the ward calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Assuming this is the "new" calendar at lds.org\church-calendar, a default app rover needs to add you to the list of editors for the appropriate calendar.

Information in how to do this can be found in the help file.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

dlg7 wrote:can't add scouting/YM events to our ward calendar. The ward exe. can't find a way to enable this for me.
What calendar might this be? The new calendar is designed around layered calendars. There should not be one calendar where every event is posted. Instead, there should be unique calendars that split up the events in some logical manner. It would make sense, for example, to have a YM/Scouting calendar that the YM can subscribe to. If this calendar does not exist, you should create it. Once it is approved, you are an editor by default because you created it.
dlg7

Post by dlg7 »

It is the new calendar system- I think those instructions on how to add me is what needs to be done, since I can't even create a new calendar as suggested by crislapi. I'll forward those instructions to the ward sec. and see what happens- thanks!
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

dlg7 wrote:...since I can't even create a new calendar as suggested by crislapi
If you are a member in the ward you can create a calendar. It won't appear until the approver approves it, however. As a member, you should also be able to add events to any calendar you are subscribed to. Again, they won't appear until an editor approves them. If you have tried and nothing is showing up, it is likely because your website administrator or calendar editors don't know to look for this. Forwarding this information will likely be helpful.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

crislapi wrote:As a member, you should also be able to add events to any calendar you are subscribed to. Again, they won't appear until an editor approves them. If you have tried and nothing is showing up, it is likely because your website administrator or calendar editors don't know to look for this. Forwarding this information will likely be helpful.

I'm not aware of any way for a non-editor to submit events to a calendar in the new calendar system. I know there have been requests for such functionality but I hadn't seen any indication it was available. Where are you seeing that ability?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

eblood66 wrote:I'm not aware of any way for a non-editor to submit events to a calendar in the new calendar system. I know there have been requests for such functionality but I hadn't seen any indication it was available. Where are you seeing that ability?
A misread. You are correct. Currently only editors or approvers can add events.
You can schedule events on any calendars you create or on any calendar for which you are a calendar editor.
The problem is that I'm a stake clerk, so I don't know what a regular member sees. There is no way to "turn off" the administrator view. Sorry for the confusion.

Return to “Calendar”