Last subscribed calendar turns itself on

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
drepouille

Last subscribed calendar turns itself on

Post by drepouille »

I haven't found a cause yet, but the last calendar in my list of Subscribed Calendars turns itself on from time to time. It happens to be the Young Women calendar from my ward. I am the stake executive secretary, and I'm not interested in seeing any of my ward's events right now.
jhowell2000

Post by jhowell2000 »

Has anyone found a reason or fix for this yet? I have a subscribed calendar (stake youth activities in my case) that will drop off. I haven't determined why this is the case.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jhowell2000 wrote:Has anyone found a reason or fix for this yet? I have a subscribed calendar (stake youth activities in my case) that will drop off. I haven't determined why this is the case.
I am able to duplicate this fairly consistently now by doing the following steps:
  1. Make sure the last calendar in the main calendar view under Subscribed Locations is unchecked.
  2. Go into Options > Manage Locations and Resources
  3. Wait for the progress indicator to go away on the Add Location button
  4. Click on each of the locations
  5. Click on the <<Calendar button
  6. The last calendar is now mysteriously checked.
Of course, to do step 2, you have to be a stake administrator. I wonder if anyone else has seen this. I'm not saying that all these steps are required, but this does seem to reproduce the problem for me.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cabrooksby

Post by cabrooksby »

I have been seeing the same thing as jhowell2000 has been seeing for some time now. It is the last one in the list, YW calendar. Any fixes for this yet?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

cabrooksby wrote:I have been seeing the same thing as jhowell2000 has been seeing for some time now. It is the last one in the list, YW calendar. Any fixes for this yet?
It would probably be helpful if the community could help narrow down the cause. I provided a list of steps that reproduce the problem for me, but they are only possible for a stake calendar administrator. Are you (or any others who have seen the problem) a stake administrator? Do you have any ideas as to what causes it for you? Have you tried my steps?
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
cabrooksby

Post by cabrooksby »

I am a Stk Clk. I tried the steps. This does not turn the YW calendar on, or off for me. I have not figured out what does. Sorry.

Return to “Calendar”