General Conference Streaming via HTML 5?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
maybd

General Conference Streaming via HTML 5?

Post by maybd »

Does anyone know if the Church has plans to stream General Conference with HTML 5 along with/instead of Flash? I was hoping to watch conference using my Apple TV, and although there are a number of options to stream HTML 5, I was unable to watch it as a Flash stream. I can of course watch it on my computer, but it would be a much richer experience on my TV.

Thanks in advance!
russelljd

Post by russelljd »

There is a H.264 stream available. The links are directly underneath the Flash Player on the watch live page.
jasonj75

Post by jasonj75 »

RussellJD wrote:There is a H.264 stream available. The links are directly underneath the Flash Player on the watch live page.

Thanks Russell....It's working great on the iPad, any plans to add AirPlay tags to the streams?

Also, can I have a glass of milk and maybe a napkin? :)
cameronhopkin

HTML5 stream issues

Post by cameronhopkin »

I'm so glad we've got Conference in a format I can watch on my iPhone. I'm running into an issue, though, after successfully watching the Sunday morning session. When I came back for the afternoon session, after a few minutes of successful streaming, the stream suddenly switched back to the Sunday morning session! Video switched over first, and audio followed suit after a few seconds. The steam switched back and forth between the two sessions a few times until settling on the Sunday morning session. Shutting down and restarting Safari didn't fix it, nor did clearing the cache, cookies, or rebooting the device. Any ideas?
jasonj75

Post by jasonj75 »

It's not you, my iPad and AppleTV are both experiencing the same issue. I dropped a note into the sea of #ldsconf twitter comments and someone said the Roku channel was also messed up.
cameronhopkin wrote:I'm so glad we've got Conference in a format I can watch on my iPhone. I'm running into an issue, though, after successfully watching the Sunday morning session. When I came back for the afternoon session, after a few minutes of successful streaming, the stream suddenly switched back to the Sunday morning session! Video switched over first, and audio followed suit after a few seconds. The steam switched back and forth between the two sessions a few times until settling on the Sunday morning session. Shutting down and restarting Safari didn't fix it, nor did clearing the cache, cookies, or rebooting the device. Any ideas?
russelljd

Post by russelljd »

We ran into some issues with server side caching on the iOS streams this afternoon. These same streams feed the Roku channel so that is why they were seeing it as well. We've identified the root cause of the problem so you should not see this problem for future events.

Return to “General Discussions”