Time Management Software

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
Eric Werny-p40

Time Management Software

Post by Eric Werny-p40 »

I need the groups input as to what TIME MANAGEMENT software you have found effective.

What really works, and has helped you be productive?

Regards,

EW
BenJoeM-p40

Post by BenJoeM-p40 »

I use FranklinCovey PlanPlus with outlook. I also sync it with my handled. I am a big FC nut and love their methodology. You can get a stand alone version that works with out outlook too.

Good Luck

BenJoe
fraserredmond

Post by fraserredmond »

Probably not quite what you're looking for, but TimeSnapper has been a big help to me - takes a screenshot every minute or so, then you can look back on your history to see what you were working on - or weren't working on! ;-)
poulsone

Post by poulsone »

I'm also not sure if this is what you had in mind, but I'm the Ward Executive Secretary. I'm setting up a system for tracking and scheduling interviews and meetings among the bishopric using Google calendar. Basically, interviews will be recurring events on a "to be scheduled" calendar, and then moved to the real calendar when the date and time is confirmed.
ihenpecked

Old school

Post by ihenpecked »

I still use my paper FC organizer for daily planning with google calendar for long range planning
thedqs
Community Moderators

Post by thedqs »

Personally I use my Pocket PC Calendar and Task List for time scheduling.
- David
fraserredmond

Post by fraserredmond »

Poulsone: You might be interested in this:
http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=137

Not ready yet, but sounds like it could be ready for preview soon.
Eric Werny-p40

Post by Eric Werny-p40 »

As a response to everyone comments...thanks you were all fantastic.

I think we are all going through a little bit of frustration due to the fact that all the tools we need
are not in one place. To pull off all we want to do we still have to rely on various applications.

Here is what I use.

1. Sugar CRM - Linux Server Based

2. Franklyn Covey Day Planner Software Verion / Printed to hard copy and kept in portable binder.

3. E-mail - Thunderbird - Due to the fact that the spam filters are fantastic

I used to use outlook but with all the virus issues on wintendo, I had to just move over to linux
to keep my data safe.

I run XP in VMware, but you still have to watch your back with that one.

Comments Please:)
StevenLeuck-p40

Interview Scheduling via Internet Tools

Post by StevenLeuck-p40 »

I've just been called to be Ward Exec. Secretary (2nd time). I'm not a programmer but in my construction mgmt position I am accustomed to using a LOT of softare and web based tools. In this 2nd shot at WES I'd like to be able to set up some sort of web based scheduling program to keep the Bishop and his counselors clued into what's going on.

Ideally, I'm looking for something that is simple. Something along the line of Outlook's calendar feature that I can set up for all 3. I was thinking it could be accessible to the bishopric and me so that any of us could view/update it at will.

I have web server space where in a sub-web I can create a password protected space to land this on. I just don't know of any tools that would work well for this. I was hoping someone out there had some good shareware or minimal cost software that they've used or knew of that would work for this.

Your help appreciated. Thanks.
Steven Leuck
Eugene, Oregon
mkmurray

Post by mkmurray »

StevenLeuck wrote:I've just been called to be Ward Exec. Secretary (2nd time). I'm not a programmer but in my construction mgmt position I am accustomed to using a LOT of softare and web based tools. In this 2nd shot at WES I'd like to be able to set up some sort of web based scheduling program to keep the Bishop and his counselors clued into what's going on.

Ideally, I'm looking for something that is simple. Something along the line of Outlook's calendar feature that I can set up for all 3. I was thinking it could be accessible to the bishopric and me so that any of us could view/update it at will.

I have web server space where in a sub-web I can create a password protected space to land this on. I just don't know of any tools that would work well for this. I was hoping someone out there had some good shareware or minimal cost software that they've used or knew of that would work for this.

Your help appreciated. Thanks.
Steven Leuck
Eugene, Oregon
You have this same post here:

http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1382

Probably best to consolidate and go to that thread for responses to this question.

Return to “General Discussions”