Requesting Previous Disciplinary Council Minutes Online

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Richard_UK

Requesting Previous Disciplinary Council Minutes Online

Post by Richard_UK »

Dear All,

Could someone help talk me through how I can request a former member's disciplinary council minutes in the online 'Leader and Clerk Resources'? I don't know where I would need to go to do this.

aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Richard_UK wrote:Could someone help talk me through how I can request a former member's disciplinary council minutes in the online 'Leader and Clerk Resources'? I don't know where I would need to go to do this.

It's under Membership > Request Minutes (under "Confidential"). But you'll only be able to see it if you have the appropriate calling. That would be only the stake president, stake clerk, bishop, and ward clerk.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
Richard_UK

Post by Richard_UK »

Would the bishop be able to request a report for someone in the ward if the disciplinary council was at stake level?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Richard_UK wrote:Would the bishop be able to request a report for someone in the ward if the disciplinary council was at stake level?
I don't know. But it's easy enough for the bishop to give it a try.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
dannykos

Post by dannykos »

yes a bishop can
Richard_UK

Post by Richard_UK »

dannykos wrote:yes a bishop can

Thanks! Do you know if he can request the minutes for someone who was disciplined in another stake but is now in his ward within a different stake? Or would he have to requets that in a different way? If he can then I'll have him do that.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Richard_UK wrote:Do you know if he can request the minutes for someone who was disciplined in another stake but is now in his ward within a different stake?

I believe a bishop can request the minutes for a member of his ward no matter where the council was originally held.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”