Downloaded content disappearing -- magazines.. have to re-download

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
ljosbon

Downloaded content disappearing -- magazines.. have to re-download

Post by ljosbon »

Hi all,

I am running Gospel Library for Android on my Motorola Atrix (MB860) and using Android version 2.3.4

I am running Gospel Library version 2.0.2.1

I have noticed on more than one occasion that I will download content like Ensign Magazines back to the 1980's for example and after awhile the content will disappear and I have to download it again. Is there a fix to this? It seems that it may occur when the program does indexing. I re-installed the program once but it happened again.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.
ejeide

Content Disappears

Post by ejeide »

I am having a similar issue...this is the second time my content has all disappeared for no apparent reason. I'm also having som difficulty downloading the content again (using WiFi). I tried reinstalling the app and no luck. Any help is much appreciated.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

You should first make sure that you have the most current version of the app installed which is 2.1.4.5. Previous versions had more issues with losing content that the current version.

If you still have problems with losing content you can use the option to submit a bug report to gather some information to help troubleshoot the issue. Go to Menu | More | Help | Submit a Bug Report and choose to send it in an email to see the content of the report.

1. Check the Files Path to see where the gospel-library folder is installed. If the path doesn't contain "/Android/data/org.lds.ldssa/files/gospel-library" the database has been installed in a non-standard location. Uninstalling and resinstalling the app will not do anything to the database as it won't be removed in the uninstall.
If you want to uninstall, which can help in some situations like this, verify that the folder is gone after the uninstall.

2. Check the External Storage numbers. This shows what your device reported as the amount available and the amount free. If the amount free is very small or zero, the app will no be able to write new content and you could lose existing content easily. You need enough space on your external storage for the app to work well.

3. Verify that the Write Test says Succeeded. If it failed, the app can't write to your external storage (usually an SD Card) and it will not be able to use the app. This usually results in an error, "Unable to Open Database" but could cause some other problems.

If you continue to have problems, please submit the bug report with a description of the problem so we can try to troubleshoot the problem.
Jason Hyer

Return to “Android Gospel Library”