Administrator rights on new ward website

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
kendallhendricks

Administrator rights on new ward website

Post by kendallhendricks »

I am the ward website administrator and have rights on the classic site to upload ward members photos, and have done so. On the new ward website, I don't seem to have administrator rights and can not upload photos except for my own family (unfortunately, the ward member photos added to the classic site don't transfer over to the new site as far as I can tell). Do I need the ward clerk to give me additional administrator rights for the new site? I do have administrator rights for the new calendars. I am a little confused. Please help. Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

kendallhendricks wrote:I am the ward website administrator and have rights on the classic site to upload ward members photos, and have done so. On the new ward website, I don't seem to have administrator rights and can not upload photos except for my own family (unfortunately, the ward member photos added to the classic site don't transfer over to the new site as far as I can tell).
You're correct that administrator rights don't transfer from the classic site. For the classic site, administrators were designated specifically by another administrator. For the new sites on lds.org, administrator roles are dependent on standard callings being entered in MLS (that's mostly true, but I'll mention an exception later).
kendallhendricks wrote:Do I need the ward clerk to give me additional administrator rights for the new site? I do have administrator rights for the new calendars.

Right up to that last sentence I was ready to say that you just needed to ask your ward clerk to make sure you had the standard calling of Website Administrator. But the fact that you have administrator rights for the new calendars makes me wonder. However, the calendar does have the ability for one administrator to add additional administrators (whereas the Directory does not). So it's possible that you don't have the correct standard calling in MLS, but someone explicitly gave you administrator rights to the calendar.

In any case, you should check with your ward clerk to make sure you have the correct standard calling.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

You will need to ward clerk to put you in the standard position of Website Administrator rather than the custom position they have you in.
kendallhendricks

Post by kendallhendricks »

Thanks guys

Return to “Main Church Website”