Trouble Logging In

Discussions about the desktop video conferencing solution provided by the Church

Moderators: MarchantRR, rodhyde

harddrive

Trouble Logging In

Post by harddrive »

I am having trouble with one of my machines logging into the system. I have 3 machines and two of them work fine and allow me to log in, but my main machine doesn't allow me to do that. I was able to when I first started, but when I tried things on my other machines is when my current machine started giving me issues.

Ok, let me give you the specs on the computer. I currently have a Quad core process with 4 gigabytes of RAM and a Logtech webcam. It is running on Windows 7 64-bit and as I said earlier it worked the first time. My laptop is also running the same OS and it seems to work fine.

As I said, I installed the software on two different machines and they are working fine. They don't have webcams on them, but one did have an ATI TV Capture card in it. I tested to see if the software would recognize it. It recognized the card, but gave me an error when I tried to start a meeting using it.

So back to my main machine. I attempted to log in recently and it was giving me an error that I was logged in on another machine. So I went back to the other two computers and were able to log into the system without any problems. I then logged out of both of them using the logout button and not just shutting down the browser. I came back to the machine that I'm currently having issues with.

When I log in this time, I get the following error "Authorization problem with VidyoConferencing system, please logout, then log back in." I do that and it continues to give me the same error. I will attach the log file to this message.

So any help would be greatly appreciated to understand why on this one computer, I can't do the video conferencing anymore.

Any questions please ask
Terry
Attachments
VidyoDesktop_20110925_100454 .txt
(13.59 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Also, I completely uninstalled the app, removed all directories for Vidyo and remove most of the registry entries on my workstation and nothing solved it.
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Just another piece of information. I am using Firefox 6.0.2 on the machine that i'm having trouble with. HOwever, when I use IE 9, everything is working fine. I will need to check the browser version on my laptop to see if it is lower or what.

Now it looks like Firefox is working fine. So now sure what the issue was, but since it is beta, this should be good information for you all to know.
danpass

Post by danpass »

harddrive wrote:Just another piece of information. I am using Firefox 6.0.2 on the machine that i'm having trouble with. HOwever, when I use IE 9, everything is working fine. I will need to check the browser version on my laptop to see if it is lower or what.

Now it looks like Firefox is working fine. So now sure what the issue was, but since it is beta, this should be good information for you all to know.
When you were having the problem, did you ever try clearing the Firefox cache and cookies?
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Yes, I did that, but didn't clear the cookies. I had to go into IE to get connected, then went back to firefox and it worked.
danpass

Post by danpass »

Perhaps it was a cookie that eventually expired, thus allowing you to log in again with Firefox.
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

The system doesn't allow you to log into your account from multiple PC's, as you discovered. I have also occasionally run into log-in/authorization problems myself when going back and forth between multiple PC's and using the same username/password, and switching browsers did make a difference. I can't tell you exactly what your problem was, but glad it's working again. One thing to be aware of (which you may have already discovered): even though you close your browser and/or select Logout, the Vidyo client is still running. If you right-click on the Vidyo icon in your system try and select "Quit", you have then completely exited and are thus performing more of a full reset. By default, the Vidyo client loads every time you start your PC so that you show up online even before you load your browser and log in at pvc.lds.org. Otherwise, you would never be able to receive incoming calls unless you had already logged into the portal. So if you have multiple PC's attempting to do the same thing, that will create a conflict.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

Kurt, thank your for the great piece of information. It tells me a lot. I will need to make sure that my guys, who will be working with me on broadcasting stake conference, know this, because it could easily become an issue. You may want to look at putting this on Wiki/FAQ.

Thanks again
harddrive

Post by harddrive »

After thinking about this, how would we contact a user if they don't have an account in PVC?

I would assume that they would need the software installed to participate in a meeting that I would set up. I know that I would do this by sending them a meeting invite via email, but how would I contact them if they didn't have an account?

Also do they need to have a camera, or could they just get by with a microphone at the least or be in the meeting just listening?
ksolsen
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by ksolsen »

harddrive wrote:Kurt, thank your for the great piece of information. It tells me a lot. I will need to make sure that my guys, who will be working with me on broadcasting stake conference, know this, because it could easily become an issue. You may want to look at putting this on Wiki/FAQ.

Thanks again
You are welcome - I appreciate your interest and enthusiasm! I'll work on adding this info to the wiki.

Probably your best strategy in working with a stake conference situation is to get multiple people involved who can all log in with their own accounts, depending on how many PC's you will be using. Since all stake presidency members and high counselors can have PVC accounts, they would be good sources.
Kurt Olsen - Product Manager at Church HQ for Digital Presentation (Personal Video Conferencing, Meetinghouse Webcast, Conference Rooms, Video Conference Endpoints, Meetinghouse Digital Content)

Return to “Personal Video Conferencing”