Staples Contract - Personal Purchases?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ckmcdonald

Staples Contract - Personal Purchases?

Post by ckmcdonald »

Is it allowed/possible to make personal purchases on the Staples Contract site (Eway)?
I'm guessing not given it appears to be hardwired to bill the ward/stake.
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

ckmcdonald wrote:Is it allowed/possible to make personal purchases on the Staples Contract site (Eway)?
I'm guessing not given it appears to be hardwired to bill the ward/stake.
No. The unit budget is automatically billed (thought there is an option to pay by credit card), and the item is delivered directly to the bishop. You cannot reimburse the ward for items purchased through Eway since donations to budget are not allowed.
ckmcdonald

Post by ckmcdonald »

At a past place of employment the company I worked for had a corporate account similar to the one the Church has with Staples. Employees were able/allowed to bill their own debit/credit card and provide their personal billing address and enjoy the company discounts. I was hoping for something similar here. Oh well, nice try.

Thanks for the feedback.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

This could be similar to what I have with Microsoft through the National Guard. Their contract with Microsoft allows me to download for home use; a full, legal, copy of MSOffice for about $10.00 US - but I can only use it until I leave the Military.

Some companies have agreements that allow the group pricing for employee personal use.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”