Seeing no children in other wards is a hindrance

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
mprusse

Seeing no children in other wards is a hindrance

Post by mprusse »

As a bishop I've been frustrated by the new directory not showing children in other wards. I am often in a position where families are moving into our ward from another ward or I'm dealing with youth issues that involve other ward youth, etc., etc. There needs to be a way for ward leadership to see children of other wards.

I'll post this as a suggestion on the directory page too.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

As I understand it, the new directory does allow viewing the youth based on your calling.

In this situation, would you be contacting the youth/family directly or would you be working though the other ward's Bishop?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mprusse

Post by mprusse »

If contact was needed it would be on a case by case basis. A simple question to the youth may go directly to him/her personally. If it was a weightier matter it might go to the bishop first. But most of the time I'm just needing a name of a youth in another ward.

I'm currently a bishop but cannot see those names in the new directory.
jla59

Post by jla59 »

I'm assuming you know the family name. Just call the parents to discuss the issue.
jla59

Post by jla59 »

mprusse wrote: I'm currently a bishop but cannot see those names in the new directory.

I believe the new directory is set up so that you can only see the youth in your ward.

I'm assuming you know the family name. Just call the parents to discuss the issue.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

You need to send your suggestions via the Feedback link on the main site. The developers may or may not see what's posted here.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”