Missing Member Record Number

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
rodneylbrock

Missing Member Record Number

Post by rodneylbrock »

Hi folks...

I just completed a Membership Audit a few days ago and was informed of an unusual situation and thought perhaps there might be a perfectly plausible explanation lurking in this forum.

According to the Branch Clerk, a recently baptized member was assigned a MRN as evidenced by a printout...that MRN then suddenly disappeared from their records. No MRN appears to be assigned to this individual.

The Branch Clerk attempted to edit the record to insert the original number and he receives a popup window stating that the record is locked and will only be editable after SLC sends it back. He is confused as the record obviously went to church offices and came back once...with the MRN attached.

This is not the only record in their unit like this...they have a recently ordained Elder end up the same way. The MRN is there, and then it disappears.

Any thoughts or suggestions? He resent the two records and is currently waiting to see if they return again with the MRN attached.

Color me confused!

Rod Brock
butt't Stake Clerk
Louisville Kentucky Stake
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

utvolvet84 wrote:The Branch Clerk attempted to edit the record to insert the original number and he receives a popup window stating that the record is locked and will only be editable after SLC sends it back. He is confused as the record obviously went to church offices and came back once...with the MRN attached.

Any thoughts or suggestions? He resent the two records and is currently waiting to see if they return again with the MRN attached.

This is certainly rather unusual. I don't quite understand what you mean by "he resent the two records" -- it sounds like he couldn't edit them, and so I don't see how you can "send" a record that you haven't edited.

But in any case, this is clearly an issue that he'll need to call Local Unit Support about. I'm sure they can clear it up, but I doubt that you have the tools locally to fix this.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rodneylbrock

Post by rodneylbrock »

aebrown wrote:This is certainly rather unusual. I don't quite understand what you mean by "he resent the two records" -- it sounds like he couldn't edit them, and so I don't see how you can "send" a record that you haven't edited.

But in any case, this is clearly an issue that he'll need to call Local Unit Support about. I'm sure they can clear it up, but I doubt that you have the tools locally to fix this.

Not sure what he meant either, just that he either moved them out and then requested them again, or sent a query through MLS. I suspect that it will take a phone call on his part to get things cleared up, but I thought I might do the same today.

Thanks

Rod Brock
butt't Stake Clerk
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

utvolvet84 wrote:Any thoughts or suggestions?
Have him (or you if Stake rights work) in the clerk resources and do a member lookup for these people. That should show you what CHQ has for those people, including the MRN.
rodneylbrock

Post by rodneylbrock »

JonesRK wrote:Have him (or you if Stake rights work) in the clerk resources and do a member lookup for these people. That should show you what CHQ has for those people, including the MRN.

Both of my individuals show an MRN when looking them up through my member-lookup via leader resources when I login to the church website. I have sent an email to the clerk involved asking him if he can now show the MRN on his printouts.

Still puzzled as to how/why they disappeared initially....

Rod Brock
butt't Stake Clerk

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”