GospelLink Magazine Availability

So you have the BIG idea that the Church or community needs to develop. Discuss that idea here. Maybe you just want to make a suggestion on a new forum topic. Let us know.
Astounding

GospelLink Magazine Availability

Post by Astounding »

Hi,

Is there anything any of we geeks can do to help speed up the release of the electronic versions of the various magazines via the mobile apps like GospelLink? This past Sunday I thought I would participate in the discussion in Priesthood about the current (September) First Presidency message from the Ensign, so launched my Android version of Gospel Link, and repeatedly tried to update it. No luck! The September Ensign was not yet available.

The Ensign magazine (print version) usually arrives at my house a week or so BEFORE the month in which it is "current". Ideally, I'd love to see an electronic version be available for various LDS mobile apps and online at lds.org at about the same time.

So is there anything I or other geeks can do to help out with this?

Thank you!

Aaron Gifford
St. George, Utah

P.S. I love all the good content available. Thank you, all who have helped.
rrichey4430

Post by rrichey4430 »

[INDENT]The August magazines were also slow but eventally showed up. Now it is the 18th of September but no September magazines yet in the Android Gospel Library App. Are Astounding and I the only ones seeing this problem or is it global? Assuming that it is global (or even limited to myself and some others) where exactly would I report this problem to the development team?
[/INDENT]
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

rrichey4430 wrote:[INDENT]The August magazines were also slow but eventally showed up. Now it is the 18th of September but no September magazines yet in the Android Gospel Library App. Are Astounding and I the only ones seeing this problem or is it global? Assuming that it is global (or even limited to myself and some others) where exactly would I report this problem to the development team?
[/INDENT]

The best way to report a problem to the developers is to send an e-mail to gospel-library-android-group@ldsmail.net and let them know the problem. One of the items I recall reading in another thread is that on the some devices you need to manually refresh/download the library to get the new magazines each month. This was because the automatic checking for new material was taking too long.

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”