Know anything about VoiceXML or GSL grammars?

When the Church has need of help from the technology community, we will post that need in this forum.
cannona-p40

Know anything about VoiceXML or GSL grammars?

Post by cannona-p40 »

Hi all. I'm working on a prototype of a telephone interface for the Church and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the Nuance Grammar Specification Language or VoiceXML, and can tell me why mine isn't working.

I have the following two grammars defined:

<grammar type="application/x-gsl" mode="voice">
<![CDATA[
(Digits Digits Digits Digits Digits) {<location $string>}
Digits [0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9]
]]>
</grammar>
<grammar type="application/x-gsl" mode="dtmf">
<![CDATA[
(Digits Digits Digits Digits Digits) {<location $string>}
Digits [dtmf-0 dtmf-1 dtmf-2 dtmf-3 dtmf-4 dtmf-5 dtmf-6 dtmf-7 dtmf-8 dtmf-9]
]]>
</grammar>

The voice grammar is matched just fine. However, when entering five DTMF digits, a nomatch error is thrown.

Thanks.

Aaron
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

cannona wrote:Hi all. I'm working on a prototype of a telephone interface for the Church and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the Nuance Grammar Specification Language or VoiceXML, and can tell me why mine isn't working.

Aaron
Sorry, the VXML stuff I worked on didn't use DTMF. A check of the documentation found by a popular search engine made it look like a DMTF grammar should use <dtmf> instead of <grammar>, but that may be a gross misinterpretation on my part.

(for Aaron: Could you please PM or email me, or may I PM or email you? I'm looking for an LDS contact in Iowa City. Thanks.)
cannona-p40

Post by cannona-p40 »

I think I figured it out. Thanks though. I also sent you an email through the site.

Aaron

Return to “Development Help Wanted”