Making HT changes

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
brentboylan-p40

Making HT changes

Post by brentboylan-p40 »

Just wondering. Would it be possible to add a little functionality to the process of making HT assignment changes? Specifically, it would be wonderful if MLS would warn you about a home teacher being assigned to a family whose head of household is already assigned to home teach his family. In other words:
[INDENT]Bob Smith, Larry Fox
James Jones
Mary
John
Max
Alex Brown
Rita

Alex Brown, Arnold Jackson
Bob Smith
Lisa
[/INDENT]Does this make sense? MLS will tell you if a family is already assigned to another companionship. A lot of times when reorganizing routes it is easy to make these cross assignments without noticing until you print out/pass out the new lists. A little warning from MLS would save some paper and months of making little changes to fix these mess-ups.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

brentboylan wrote:Specifically, it would be wonderful if MLS would warn you about a home teacher being assigned to a family whose head of household is already assigned to home teach his family.
That brings back memories. Back in the days of MIS, I wrote a program that would parse the HT/VT report looking for those kinds of things. It looked for something else too - maybe being your own home teachers? I may have to see if I can find it.

Yes, it would be a good feature in MLS.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”