No August Ensign?????

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
mtsbst

No August Ensign?????

Post by mtsbst »

When is the August Ensign going to be available for the android? I've been using the LDS Gospel app and have liked it. Can't seem to get the August information even after refreshing content. Say's "catolog is up to date."
clintonkopotic

Post by clintonkopotic »

I don't see it on the iPhone Gospel Library App either and it seems that none of the magazines have their August issues available through the app.
arpitman

Post by arpitman »

I too would like to know as well. Isn't the September Ensign now available online, but not on Gospel Library?
WMcLean

Post by WMcLean »

Still no august ensign and no reply for development team, not a good sign.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

WMcLean wrote:Still no august ensign and no reply for development team, not a good sign.
You seem to have expected a reply from the development team. Have you reported this problem to the development team? Please note that this forum is a community forum, and there is no guarantee that any developers will see anything posted here.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
rrichey4430

Post by rrichey4430 »

The August magazines eventally showed up. Now it is the 18th of September but no September magazines yet in the Android Gospel Library App. Am I the only one seeing this problem or is it global? Assuming that it is global (or even limited to myself and some others) where exactly would I report this problem to the development team?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I did a content refresh and I see Sept.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

rrichey4430 wrote:The August magazines eventally showed up. Now it is the 18th of September but no September magazines yet in the Android Gospel Library App.
Due to popular complaint, the app was changed so that it didn't check for new content every time the app started. It is now the user's responsibility to select to refresh the content to see new updates.

To check for new content go to Menu / More / Refresh Content in order to see any new content. You will need to do this monthly to see the new magazines.
Jason Hyer
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jasonhyer wrote:Due to popular complaint, the app was changed so that it didn't check for new content every time the app started. It is now the user's responsibility to select to refresh the content to see new updates.

It would be nice if there was a option to check for new content in the background. I think the main complaint (and was certainly mine) was that the automatic check forced a delay of several seconds before the app became usable.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Android Gospel Library”